06 Months +
Description: Major Responsibilities
- Provides technical support on TDM and IP Transport network elements, Digital Cross- Connect, and Ethernet platforms to resolve equipment and service malfunctions, create processes and procedures, assist with network problem solving and isolation, and assist with hardware/software.
- Must have the ability to lead a team of Engineers and technicians with operational issues, maintenance, and upgrade activities.
- Coordinate corrective actions with vendor as needed, minimizing calls to vendor as practical. Coordinate equipment upgrades with vendor, sites, and engineering.
- This position will be responsible for representing department during development, implementation, First Office Application (FOA), operation and maintenance of any new equipment, feature or corrective load.
- Provide complex technical support to Field Operations, NMC's, and peer groups
- Resolve complex technical demand maintenance issues
- Assist with network problem isolation
- Perform software, firmware and hardware upgrades
- Assist NMC technicians with operation and maintenance activities
- Coordinate corrective actions with vendor
- Create operational and maintenance procedures
- Coordinate and assist with equipment upgrade with vendor, sites, and engineering
- Represent the department during development, implementation, First Office Applications (FOA), operation, and maintenance of any new equipment, feature, or corrective loads.
- Reviews tickets open for greater than 1 month and provide direction for prompt resolution
- Provide 7X24 coverage, including weekend/holiday on-call support
- Provide input for vendor Operations Review meetings
- Research and resolve technical escalations
- Utilize software packages in support of duties (i.e. NMT, ProComm, Exceed, Word, Excel, Tableau, Python, Splunk, etc.)
- Follow departmental guidelines as defined in the SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) and subsequent emails Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science, DevOps/Analytics or other telecom related discipline or 3 or more years of equivalent experience
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills.
- Shift work is a requirement in this position.
Must be able to demonstrate:
- High level of proficiency in deployed Digital Cross-Connect, IP, Transport platforms
- High level of proficiency in trouble-shooting, problems solving and/or network isolation Leadership skills
- Expertise in the operation and use of a personal computer
- Proficiency in the operation and use of back-office support systems (Ticketing, Change management systems, Inventory/Topology systems (BGW, F&E, etc.)