The Client is a global leader in the Aviation and Transportation industry. One of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. They design, manufacture, and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business, and military aircraft, helicopters, and other platforms.
This opening is in the Annapolis, MD location and will be part of their technology Service & Operations business unit. They are looking to expand the size of their Engineering and Architecture team.
This opening is for an Entry to Mid Level that wants to get their foot in the door and grow into systems/network engineering and architecture. This opening is due to the growth and workload on their team and they are looking to develop people rather than try to find more high-level architects and engineers in the future.
The Client system is comprised of several private data centers and connects to the far reaches of the globe, in almost every country providing aviation, airport, government, and transportation connectivity. AGN provides private networking in a highly reliable, secure and available world-wide network architecture for Collins Aerospace IMS mission-critical aviation, transportation, and airport customers.
The Client is seeking a Junior Network Engineer to join the ARINC Global Network (AGN) Implementation team. AGN is a globally distributed network that services a community of interest within the transportation industry. With nearly 2000 routers and eight (8) core nodes worldwide, we are seeking an energetic junior network engineer to assist with the implementation of new connectivity or services to our customers.
Candidate must be familiar with advanced networking concepts and technologies, including routing, switching, application centric and cloud based technologies, able to plan and configure network communications systems based on Cisco platforms. Candidate must be highly motivated, able to work in a collaborative team environment, as well as independently.
cisco routers, cisco asa, cisco switches, cisco certified, network connectivity, network infrastructure, Cisco configuration
Top Skills Details:
1.) 1- 3 years of actual hands-on experience in the configuration of Cisco hardware - Routers, switches, and ASA firewalls.
2.) Familiarity with common network routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF (can substitute for EIGRP, but preferably BGP or OSPF protocol exposure).
3.) Familiarity with WAN technologies and protocols such as T1/E1, Frame-Relay, HDLC, DSL, Cellular, MPLS, and DMVPN
4.) Ability to handle multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously
Nice to haves
* Cisco Certifications - CCNA or CCNP Preferred
* Knowledge of Cloud Services (e.g AWS and Azure)
There is a decent compensation range to adjust for candidate experience and certifications. This role can support a more green/entry-level resource with a conversion salary of $55,000 up to a more seasoned resource at $80,000.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Manage multiple projects from start to finish
• Order and activate WAN circuits; troubleshoot if necessary
• Procure equipment per project requirements
• Configure equipment according to set design
• Coordinate shipping and/or export control (as required)
• Schedule and perform cutovers with customers
• Update documentation (change orders, asset records, circuit records and diagrams)
• Assist Network Engineers in large scale projects
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work in a very face-paced environment
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Ability to effectively and efficiently manage time for multiple ongoing projects
• Willingness to work evenings and weekend to accommodate customer’s change windows
• Familiarity with Cisco routers and switches
• Familiarity with common network routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF
• Strong aptitude for troubleshooting and/or isolating network-related problems
• Strong desire to learn new technologies
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.