Role/Title Network Engineer – II
Location Cary, NC
Duration 6 Months
- Candidates will be responsible for proactive network monitoring, trouble isolation and resolution of issues with LAN, WAN, and WLAN technologies.
- Performing trouble isolation and repair of logical and physical layers, including directing internal and third-party resources you will facilitate resolution of faults on the network within established baseline objectives.
- You will work with Change Management, Lifecycle Management, and Problem Management Teams as required and maintain accurate logs of trouble isolation and repair efforts and escalate/communicate issues to management as needed.
- Associate's degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Current CCNA certification.
- Hands-on experience configuring, managing, and troubleshooting routers and switches in a production WAN/LAN/MAN environment.
- Knowledge of the OSI model, including TCP/IP, client/server designs, routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP), LAN technologies (FDDI, Ethernet, Token Ring), WAN technologies (Internet, POS, ISDN, private lines), VLANs DNS, VPNs, IP telephony and/or circuit testing.
- Knowledge of telecommunications transmission facilities, switch translations and customer premise equipment.
- Willingness to work any shift, plus overtime, weekends and holidays as needed.