The network at LyondellBasell is the foundation of all other services that IT provides and is critical to the success of our business. The Network Engineer position is part of our Global Network Operations team that envisions, implements and supports our data, voice and video network infrastructure.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Install, configure and maintain Local Area Network and Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN) and wireless infrastructure in a multi-vendor environment, including but not limited to: Cisco routers, switches, access points, wireless controllers; Riverbed Steelhead WAN Optimizers, and F5 LTM load balancers
- Work with off-shore 1st level support team to provide 2nd\3rd level support as required
- Participate in rotational on-call structure to provide after hours and weekend support
- Stay up-to-date on current technologies, serve as technology consultant, and make recommendations based on knowledge and research.
- Work on unusually complex problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative.
- Implement network solutions based on analysis of technical and capacity requirements.
- Perform capacity management, planning and reporting related to network infrastructure and bandwidth.
- Provide support for Network Infrastructure including the physical cable infrastructure in our offices and manufacturing plants
- Perform complex implementation tasks.
- B.A. / B.S. degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering preferred with a minimum of 3+ years relevant experience
- Network certification (CCNA) or equivalent experience
- F5 certification (CA) or equivalent experience
- Multi-Site WAN Infrastructures with complex routing and failover
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Data network design focusing on redundancy and resiliency
- Multi-datacenter network design experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies or related field, or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work in a global, multi-site environment.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Cisco Platforms, TCP/IP, MPLS, Routing, Switching, Wireless/controllers, Firewall, VPN, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, QOS
- Experience with application and performance monitoring
- Experience with WAN Optimization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 18 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.