The Network/Systems Engineer is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of network, server, and application infrastructure and application components. This role would involve performing a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the computer system's performance meets company and user satisfaction. The Network/Systems Engineer provides direction, information, and recommendations regarding configurations and installations.
- Design, setup and configuration of complex network, server, security, and application environments.
- Establishes and maintains the IT environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards
- Maximizes environmental performance through proactive monitoring; troubleshooting network problems and outages; plan, document, and schedule upgrades and changes to network infrastructure; collaborates with IT leadership on network optimization, design, and implementation
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
- Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, Ether-Channel (Bonding), etc.
- Maintaining multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance with both private and public facilities.
- Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
If you would be interested in a long term opportunity where you can wear multiple hats (Server / Cisco) in a dynamic environment then please apply and someone will be back in touch with you shortly.