Immediately available contract Network Engineer opportunity available in the Greater Nashville, TN area! Minimum 6 month contract offering competitive salary and prompt consideration. CCNA Certification highly preferred!
The Senior Network Engineer will assess and document current configuration of IT infrastructure and layout for 250+ locations. Upgrade current infrastructure.No travel required.
- Assess current configuration of network infrastructure across two health systems.
- Create and manage network documentation and network diagrams of locations.
- Make recommendations for new equipment installs, network upgrades, and retirement of outdated components.
- Implement new Cisco equipment, to include Catalyst (all series) and Meraki.
- 5+ years of experience supporting network hardware (route/switch) ISP and carrier support/troubleshooting for medium to large enterprise networks.
- Experience in creating network documentation.
- Detailed knowledge of Cisco IOS, Nexus line, 1000v and ASA.
- Detailed knowledge of Cisco and Meraki branch network hardware, with a detailed understanding of wireless networking.
- Citrix NetScaler Load Balancing.
- Expertise in Cisco industry best practices, including security best practices.
- Strong understanding of internal and external routing protocols and best practices.
- Expertise and detailed knowledge of IP and Ethernet.
- Expertise and detailed knowledge of WAN and MAN technologies.
- Proven ability to manage own work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in cross-functional project teams.
- Preferred knowledge of health care industry.