As a Network Engineer, you will provide operational support for LAN and WAN technologies such as switches, routers, VPN boxes, and circuits. In addition to support, you will be involved in building and configuring network infrastructure and security solution components at clients. The ideal resource for this position will possess knowledge and experience in supporting network infrastructure and security solutions, and should have technical experience (hands-on implementation) in these areas. In addition, you should also possess strong project management and work planning skills, and the ability to interact with client personnel.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the ability to:
• Maintain a high level of knowledge on the deployment of network and voice technologies.
• Perform traffic engineering analysis on network facilities.
• Knowledge of network equipment including Cisco routers, and switches.
• Knowledge of network protocols, technologies, services, and monitoring tools.
• Maintain and update system and network documentation.
• Assist in compiling training materials to support operational requirements
• Design and implement data networks.
• Coordination and execution of network deployment activities.
• Report project status on a weekly basis.
• Performs network implementation services in conjunction with infrastructure teams.
• Follow established development processes and standards for all work. Identify and propose improvements to the processes and standards as necessary.
• Participate in complex projects with minimal supervision or guidance.
• Manage vendor and/or product provisioning, procurement, and delivery of LAN and WAN hardware, and delivery of data services
• Acts as a resource for infrastructure projects for voice/data network design, development, and implementation.
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals who meet the following criteria:
• Efficiently manage multiple tasks and contribute in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Problem-solver, with natural innovative and analytical skills
• Upbeat, friendly, motivated, and positive team builder
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent required
• 2 - 5 years minimum of similar work experience in a client facing role
• Must have experience supporting and implementing network infrastructure (firewalls, routers, switches).
• Excellent organizational, time management, verbal and written communication skills
• Cisco CCNA certification or higher preferred
• Willingness to travel to Chicagoland area clients
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.