St. Petersburg, FL
Our Fortune 500 Energy client is hiring a Network Engineer to join their growing enterprise team. As a Network Engineer, you will have your hand in various technologies and responsibilities to support the enterprise network. This is located in St. Petersburg, FL and is an ongoing contract with the opportunity to be hired on permanently. Due to the nature of the role, you must be available to work onsite in St. Petersburg, FL with eventual remote work allowed.
• Monitor, maintain and ensure stability of the local/wide area network infrastructure technologies to provide high availability, fault tolerance, and scalability to effectively and efficiently support mission critical business systems.
• Demonstrate a high level of competence in LAN/WAN technologies, routing and switching platforms, troubleshooting critical issues, and coordination of implementation.
• Troubleshoot and resolve major network and system issues.
• Plan and implement enterprise networks and related hardware and software.
• Perform assessments on existing technologies to determine performance and capacity gaps.
• Establish security (firewalls, intrusion detection), connectivity and access parameters.
• Provide recommendations to optimize network infrastructure.
• Program routers and switches.
• Implement communications technologies (data or voice).
• Manage network services from planning phase through implementation.
• Solid knowledge of routing protocols, network hardware and software, security technologies and network infrastructure are required.
• Test and validate all new hardware and connections for proper configuration and performance.
• Project management - document project requirements including scope, costs, schedule, testing and terms of delivery to ensure project is completed with highest level of quality on time and within budget.
• Research and identify technology opportunities and their application to the business.
• 4+ Years as a Network Engineer or Telecom Engineer
• Strong knowledge of related industry specifications and standards including hands on experience with Routers, Switches, WAPs, phone deployments, WAN upgrades, product testing, product evaluations.
• Experience in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
• Experience establishing security connectivity and access parameters
• Experience managing network services from planning phase through implementation
• Experience with Cisco or Avaya products
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.