We are currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer with expereince working in highly available Data Center environments. As the Engineer you will oversee the installation of networking hardware in addition to maintaining, supervising and troubleshooting the existing network, working to install and maintain a network on which a company's information and communications are stored and transmitted. This could include local area networks (LANs) and wireless Internet networks. Candidates will have experience specifically in Cisco software and technology products. Must work quickly to resolve issues as they arise, determine a solution and maintain the system's security. Also responsible for monitoring the company's network and letting superiors know about any emerging requirements or necessary updates.
Working under the direction of the Network Operations Manager/Network Architect; this position requires excellent technical, customer service, and organizational skills to support network operations for customer connections, administrative personnel, and staff. This position requires the ability to function successfully in both team and independent work environments.
- Performing a wide range of network administration duties including installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades, and general support for Cisco, Juniper, HP, Nortel, and Extreme network equipment
- Evaluate, test, and deploy all software and hardware upgrades to the networking infrastructure
- Assist in the configuration and deployment of core and peripheral network devices, which will require continuous learning of new devices (i.e. Nexus switches, ASR routers, and long haul optical equipment)
- Proactive monitoring of all network devices, services, and servers using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and SLA's
- Collect and review network utilization data for capacity and planning purposes
- Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans
- Interface with vendors for procurement & maintenance of all IT infrastructures
- Manage & troubleshoot network and Internet connectivity throughout the organization
- Work closely with the fellow tech team members to provide end-user support and issue resolution
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging tools and technologies
- Research, evaluate and recommend technologies to support business requirements
- Rigorously create and maintain documentation for all processes and procedures
- Collaborate with and support the work of other staff engaged in similar functions
- Provide emergency 24 x 7 on-call support on a rotating basis
- Experience working with Cisco ACI, at least 1-3 years
- Over 10 years of experience and both a B.S. and M.S. degree. Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience, and a Master of Science (M.S.) can be substituted with an additional 2 years of related experience
- 3 years direct experience required in the management and administration of network infrastructure - routers, switches, etc. - in a high-availability or e-commerce infrastructure
- 3+ experience with layer 2 network protocols switching, including but not limited to: 802.1Q tagging, STP (and its variations), LACP, etc
- 3+ years of experience with IP subnetting
- 2+ years of experience with layer 3 network routing, including but not limited to: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP
- 2+ years of layer 4 IP protocol suites (TCP, UDP, ICMP, GRE, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience with access technologies such as LDAP, AD, RADIUS, TACACS
- 2+ years direct experience in management and administration of the F5 BIG-IP product line including Load-balancing, iRules and SSL termination. * Experience in DNS
- 1+ years of experience working in structured change management processes
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Strong organizational / coordination skills
- US Citizenship
- Desired Certifications: Cisco System Engineering, ICP, CompT
It is the policy of ASM that an individual's race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation or national origin are not and will not be considered in any personnel or management decisions. We affirm our commitment to these fundamental policies.
All recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting for all job classifications is done without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, or age. All decisions on employment are made to abide by the principle of equal employment.
The physical requirements described in 'Knowledge, Skills and Abilities' above are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. (For example, 'light office duties' or 'lifting up to 50 pounds' or 'some travel' required.) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualifying disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the primary functions.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.