TEKsystems is seeking a Network Engineer for a position in the North side of the Indianapolis area.
The Network Engineer is responsible for ensuring the availability, security, optimization and day-to-day operation of enterprise networks and all of its representative technologies including switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers and VMs. The Network Engineer will assist with design, implement and operate network services/systems, including data networks of LAN, WAN, WLAN and VoIP.
Day to day:
* Configure, install and support network routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers
* Configure, install and support data communication circuits.
* Install hardware, test and label cable and fiber using standard management and structured cabling systems.
* Diagnose and resolve network connectivity problem.
* Provide support for move, add and change (MAC).
* Monitor ticketing system, process requests, resolve user issues.
* Test and maintain network infrastructure including software and hardware devices.
* Monitor network capacity and performance, capacity planning (KPI metrics).
* Analyzing network traffic capacity and performance characteristics.
* Analyze firewall policies and configurations; identify and implement needed firewall policy changes.
* Patch network vulnerabilities to secure the network infrastructure and to ensure compliancy.
* Develop and implement network backup and recovery procedures, disaster recovery contingency planning.
* Network Engineers are expected to be available to work outside of normal working hours during maintenance windows, planned moves, adds and changes (MAC), troubleshooting and problem resolution and to provide off-hours support when necessary.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.