- The PIERS networking is bringing the internet to the ships and subs. (Gig-E internet speed is the upgrade they are currently working on) . The network is already in place and they are engineering the upgrade (which is going on currently) and is on a 3 year refresh cycle.
- We are providing Engineering, implementation support, and Information Assurance for the PIERS program.
- The work is in a lab environment where they are configuring and testing networks before they are deployed to the field.
- It sounds like it is a typical lab / test lab environment, installing, configuring, staging equipment to be shipped out to the locations (18 OCONUS and 8 CONUS sites).
- Design solutions for the network and then do configuration, implementation and administration (routers, servers, and associated network equipment)
- The work is in a lab environment at SPAWAR, including government people there are 5 engineers in the lab, where they are configuring and testing networks before they are deployed to the field.
- Then the team deploys the network configurations to the field and supports the implementation team when the encounter problems with the network.
- Secret Clearance
- Security+ CE
- CCNA certification
- Minimum 6+ years of total work experience in Network Engineering / Administration (or Systems Engineer/Administration)
- 4+ years technical experience with a mix of the following:
- Cisco - ASRs, network (switches and routers) equipment, VPN
- Juniper Gateway (SSGs)
- ATM - Ericsson/Marconi
- Network Management Software (NMS)
- Time Division Multiplex over MPLS, ATM over MPLS, Ethernet over MPLS, Circuit emulation over Packet-switched network
- Crypto equipment
- Server / Systems - VMware, virtualization, Microsoft server 2012/2016
- Upgrading Cisco IOS and IOS-XE routers and switches
- OSPF experience
- VLAN and VRF experience
- VPN / L2VPN / GRE technology experience.
- Updating router and switch configuration baselines
- DISA routing and switching STIGS and SRGs. Familiar with DISA and DoD networking regulations and guidelines
- ACAS and understanding scan results
- - Network monitoring / management solutions (SolarWinds)
- Network Security / Information Assurance:
- HBSS, DIACAP, RMF, ACAS, SCAP, VRAM, IAVA, IAVM
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.