Job ID: 20-05386
Title: Network Engineer
Location: Denver, CO
Type: 6-Month Contract
* (U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered)
The network engineer position must be able to configure, administer and deploy mission critical network, and communication technologies utilized in the network infrastructure. Administration includes but is not limited to network devices such as routers, switches, VoIP/Video applications, and network management software. This consultant will assist in developing strategic and tactical goals in support of information technology network infrastructure through long range planning, consideration of department needs, and the goals of the organization.
In addition, this position will:
- Provide technical support to end-users; includes troubleshooting, resolution and diagnosis of network and communication issues, within the infrastructure
- Perform capacity planning for Local and Wide Area Networks to ensure smooth growth and operation to the network users
- Monitor system usage/growth over periods of time in order to implement additional resources to handle projected system requirements
- Perform network monitoring and maintenance to provide a reliable and stable network environment for department staff and hosted applications
- Implement security measures and monitoring all network connections, computers, and peripherals connected to the network, inappropriate use, and other security violations in accordance with security policies
Examples of regular, ongoing decisions made by this position related to this duty:
- Configure and setup network equipment to meet business needs from customers
- Recommend new and alternative solutions for a specific problem while minimizing network service impacts for customers
- Monitor network operations using various tools to determine where network performance bottlenecks and improvements can be made
- Minimal: CCNA w/ 2 years of experience or +5 years of equivalent network experience in an enterprise environment
- Preferred: CCNP with VoIP experience.
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!