$43.00 to $48.00 hourly
Robert Half Technology is currently hiring for a network engineer in Alpharetta, Ga. If interested, please apply with your resume to email@example.com if interested.
The Network Engineer responsibilities involve defining, developing, maintaining and advising on the effective use of the Publix information technology architecture. The Network Engineering Data Center team is responsible for WAN networking and routing, Datacenter networking, and Quality of Service.
Some examples of network engineering tasks include:
• Design and maintain wide area networks for enterprise
• Design, install, configure, integrate, and support Cisco WAN/LAN networking hardware, Aggregation Services Routers and Catalyst models
• perform analysis on data center network needs and contribute to overall care and feeding of network hardware and software
• problem-determination and resolution
• project team participation, and new technology awareness, research and system integration
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, or other analytical disciplines, OR equivalent experience. Minimum experience would be about 5 years
• minimum of six years engineering experience or higher with enterprise Data Center networks
• minimum of six years of engineering experience or higher with Cisco networks in an enterprise environment
• minimum of six years engineering experience or higher with WAN routing protocols in an enterprise environment
• successful and proven track record of leading large-scale projects, extensive background in the design, planning, and implementation of complex Cisco networks, and the ability to quickly understand the complex enterprise network at Publix
• working knowledge of the system hardening processes, guidelines, and benchmarks
• datacenter networking support and troubleshooting
• experience supporting a wide variety of networking components including Cisco Routers, Switches, MPLS, Frame-Relay, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF and RIPv2
• experience with network management platforms and products
• excellent communication and team skills
• flexible and able to handle stressful situations in a professional manner
• demonstrate ability to work under minimal supervision
• high degree of self-motivation, commitment, and integrity
• networking certifications
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
$43.00 - $48.00 /Hour
Engineering & Aerospace, IT & Technical, Creative & Design