Top Things Needed:
* minimum of 3 years' hands-on experience working with Network infrastructure within a large enterprise environment
* in-depth knowledge of Cisco network hardware and protocols
* Cisco CCNP and CCIE or equivalent enterprise experience.
* 2 year Commitment
* Veterans are highly Encouraged to Apply****
Our client is seeking a Network Engineer for an exciting direct hire opportunity. Primarily responsibility is for shipboard development, installation, support and management of Carnival's network converged CCTV infrastructure across the fleet. The candidate will typically be challenged with ensuring that deployment plans are completed timely and properly monitored. Reports to the Manager of Network Operations
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Conducts short- and long-term planning to meet network requirements with a deep technical understanding of network infrastructure.
- Performs hands-on implementation of network equipment support CCTV: Cisco routers and switches, specifically Cisco Nexus 7000, 5000, 2000, Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4500, 3850, 3750, 3650 series switches, Cisco 3900, 2900 and ASR routers.
- Strong working familiarity with Cisco NX-OS & Cisco IOS with hands-on experience configuring Cisco routers, switches and firewalls.
- IP Video Surveillance system experience (design, configuration, deployment, support), and a working knowledge of ExacqVision a plus.
- IP Video cameras (configuration, deployment, support), experience with AXIS cameras a plus.
- Provides support for network device connectivity or related network issues.
- Plans and actively oversees the installation of networked CCTV systems.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses and resolves network problems.
- Researches, analyzes and recommends the implementation of software or hardware changes to rectify any network deficiencies or to enhance network performance.
- Ensures planned testing activities are performed and technical criteria are met.
- Evaluates services provided by vendors and recommends changes.
- Knowledge of Enterprise system monitoring and management tools such as Solarwinds, Riverbed Netprofiler, Smart Net Total Care, Wireshark, Cisco Prime etc.
- Knowledge of commercial enterprise-level tools and products to provide network services, including: firewalls, IPS/IDS, DNS, DHCP, web security, TACACS+, VPN.
- Understanding of PCI and security best practices
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and vendors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Education: A degree in computer science, information technology or other advanced science or engineering field is preferred;
Experience: The position requires a minimum of 3 years' hands-on experience working with Network infrastructure within a large enterprise environment and in-depth knowledge of Cisco network hardware and protocols. Experience with large enterprise networks and telecommunications vendors and reporting on Service Level achievements is required. Familiarity with the FCAPS model is expected.
Experience with Solarwinds, Cisco network routing/switching/WiFi, Cisco Prime is required.
Experience with Cisco Total Care, Cisco Network Compliance Manager, Keynote, MRTG, PRTG, SmokePing, Scrutinizer, Riverbed, Gigamon, Fluke Time Machine is preferred.
Knowledge and understanding of the following protocols is required - TCP/IP, Syslog, SNMP, Cisco Debug, LACP, LLDP/CDP, TCP/IP, EIGRP, OSPF, HSRP SSH, Spanning Tree, Rapid Spanning Tree, VPC, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, 802.11ac, Netflow and the FCAPS model.
Knowledge and understanding of the following protocols is preferred - BGP, I-BGP, E-BGP, MPLS, GLBP, VSS, VDC, OTV, RTP, SIP, H.323, LWAPP, RADIUS, TACACS+, Ethernet, Fiber Channel, Fiber Channel over Ethernet, iSCSI, NFS, XML, DNS, DHCP, ITILv3 and PCI.
Ability to multi-task projects, strong interpersonal skills, strong analytical skills, strong written and oral communication skills. Strong organizational skills, working knowledge of group dynamics Excellent oral and written communication skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Cisco CCNP and CCIE or equivalent enterprise experience