Network Infrastructure Engineer
As part of the team, you will analyze business needs and engineer, install and support solutions on our client’s local and wide area network and security infrastructure. You will utilize network and security monitoring products to: produce real-time alerts, monthly trending reports, maximize network availability and performance and maintain adequate service levels that support our business goals. You will work on projects involving changes to the network and security infrastructures. Additionally, you will test current and emerging technologies that will keep the network reliable, secure and efficient.
Other responsibilities include:
• Design, install and administer network infrastructure components, floor and data center cabling plans and desktop and server connectivity moves/changes.
• Design/improve/maintain network connectivity services. Receive vendor updates, analyze, recommend, and manage the implementation of hardware/firmware upgrades and patches to network and security devices.
• Proactively perform analysis, tuning, and optimization of network and security device utilization on a continual basis to avert significant performance impacts or interruptions to system availability.
• Provide Level-3 technical support and resolve the day-to-day issues for all applications installed in the production, development, and test environments.
• Provide excellent customer satisfaction.
• Ensure the production and maintenance of network and security documentation to support efficient troubleshooting, recovery capabilities, integration, and change to the infrastructure.
• Maintain an SLA of 99+% availability of all network, security components, and transmission facilities.
• Maintain an average response time that achieves established acceptable levels for client and server traffic.
• Utilize available network monitoring systems to develop and produce real time alerts and monthly trending reports to meet the above service level objectives, which support our business needs.
• Maintain current knowledge of new technology management trends and research and recommend, as appropriate, new technologies and tools and strategies that utilize those technologies and tools and provide for an improved performance baseline and utilization trending statistics.
• Work with team members to implement new network and security infrastructure components and services. Ensure that network projects and projects requiring networking resources, that you have responsibility for, have feasible plans and provide updated status reports weekly.
• Conduct research, evaluation and analysis of new networking and security technologies as they become available, in order to keep the network reliable, secure and efficient.