General Description of Position:
Supervises and coaches technicians, handles challenging customers, readily shift priorities, prepares management reports, takes direct customer calls during high volume periods or scheduling gaps, and leads NOC initiatives while ensuring that service level and quality objectives are achieved.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Including but not limited to the following
- Uses KPIs (key performance indicators) to measure departmental and individual goals for customer satisfaction, quality and productivity. Manages daily activities for the NOC Technicians and sets personnel performance goals accordingly.
- Monitors and evaluates technician monthly performance, reviews productivity and attendance reports, and provides coaching to staff members to improve performance.
- Conducts formal technician performance reviews, including annual goal- setting/performance development plan, mid-year performance review, and final year- end performance review. Assists technicians with career development. Assigns work and tasking priorities as necessary to meet departmental KPIs (key performance indicators).
- Ensures the Hargray network is monitored after normal business hours utilizing internal alarm/performance management tools.
- Ensures that customer questions and problems are resolved properly and quickly. Addresses challenging customers and problems that require escalation outside of the department.
- Reports, analyzes and resolves system, customer and operational issues that impact service quality. Strives to provide all customers with an outstanding customer experience.
- Builds, establishes and maintains open lines of communication with technicians, peers, trainers, managers, CO, Head End, Engineering, Marketing and other areas of the company to facilitate problem solving.
- Manages, analyzes and controls expenditures of the Network Operations Center to meet budgetary requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure effective operation of the department
- A degree in the Telecommunications field OR, 5+ years’ of related working experience in a Network Operations Center function
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to lead technical personnel in a sales driven organization
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures
- Must be able to collect, manipulate, and distribute data for effective root cause analysis
- Requires discretion regarding sensitive company information regarding client lists
- Must have ability to work independently and on a team
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop and train a team of technical personnel
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
- Must possess working knowledge MS Office suite of products (Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Power BI)
Additional Qualifications Desired:
- Knowledge of Video, Internet, Data delivery platforms, Fiber Optics, Fiber Services Platforms and Telephone technologies and service order procedures
- Knowledge of Head End (Video) , Central Office (Voice) and Network Operations as it relates to content delivery
- Policy and procedure writing
- Workflow and process development