View more Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Network Operations Specialist Mid
Security Clearance required: Secret
US Citizenship Required
Location: Norfolk, VA
Position Summary: This position's primary role will be a Field Services Mid-Level Network Technician servicing a large scale Enterprise network. You will be part of a Team of Network Technicians and Engineers. This network includes Cisco, Aruba, Brocade, Juniper, Riverbed and McAfee network devices to include Routers, Switches, Access Points, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Virtual Private Networks (VPN) and WAN Accelerators.
- As a Mid-Level Technician, you will be expected to install and maintain network devices at the site and work with the NOC technicians and Managers to troubleshoot outages and resolve network related issues.
- You will be responsible to create ticket for maintenances using HPE Service Manager.
- Candidates will be expected to understand, implement, and follow processes in accordance with current policies and procedures. Perform escalation and additional tasks as directed.
- Take Direction from the Regional Leader and Site Leaders
- Some Travel will be required.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Certifications:
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(2)(C)
- Cisco CCNA required with in 6 months of hire
- Security+ CE certification required.
- ITIL foundation V3 certification is highly desirable.
- 4 plus years' experience as a Network Technician.
- A Background Information Technology field or a related technology field is highly desirable. Other evidence of intellectual, technical, business accomplishments, and related technology leadership experiences will be considered.
- The successful candidate will be an innovative technical professional, customer service oriented, and knowledgeable engineer in the field of Ethernet and IP data engineering.
- Position requires a high level of project coordination skills to manage the execution of maintenance activities and network outages.
- Fundamental understanding of the OSI Model is required.
- Experience must include operational support, and configuration of network devices such as servers, routers, switches, associated software tools, and cabling in a large LAN/MAN/BAN/WAN environment.
- Knowledge of network protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP is a Plus.
- Knowledge and experience working with wireless technologies, Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), and WAN Accelerators and associated technologies is highly desirable.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for excellence and continual improvement, combined with an entrepreneurial spirit, strong written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, innovative thinking in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Strong customer service and communication is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction and network reliability.
- A good problem-solving and troubleshooting skills in severs and Cisco devices are a Plus.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs is required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to sit for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday. Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain. Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings. Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
View More Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.