Conducts network architecture design, feasibility and modeling. Designs, analyzes, plans, and modifies network components and/or software by translating customer requirements and objectives into final product design. Develops and evaluates network performance criteria and measurement methods. Prepares the analysis of the short-term or long-term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling.
• Lead the development of mission-critical, near-real-time, military/intelligence networks ranging from the tactical edge to strategic core
• Conduct engineering system development tasks including system requirements analysis, system architecture and design, preliminary design, critical design, system integration, formal verification, formal validation, and fielding support.
• Decompose high-level business and system requirements into smaller detailed tasks to facilitate low-level network design. Interpret, Allocate, and Derive project requirements into design specifications.
• Perform Requirements Analysis using DOORS, UML, Model-Based Systems Engineering, and other system engineering practices.
• Research, design, and test complex wide-area computer networks to include both hardware and software. Hardware includes, but is not limited to, routers, switches, servers, inline encryptors, and modems.
• Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
• Participate on design teams for computing infrastructure, primarily as a computer network designer or architect.
• Participate in product selection, recommendation, design, deployment, integration and test.
• Investigate, develop and design the network architecture and assist the software application and development effort as it relates to the computing architecture.
• Configure Cisco Switches, Network Test, Network Security, Network Analyzer, Network Management systems
• Provide technical support to the Manufacturing Floor during first article fabrication, engineering change incorporation and replacement of obsolete components.
• Produce technical documentation in support of engineering solutions that include, but are not limited to, architectural drawings, detailed design specifications, and thorough implementation instructions.
• Troubleshoot networking or design problems.
• Supports on-ship installation, troubleshooting, and system validation
• Review, recommend, and write updates to technical documentation in support of the US Navy.
• Maintain standards compliance
• Supports Cybersecurity analysis and documentation of large networked systems
• Develops, updates, and maintains program of record documentation.
• B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent. 3.0 GPA or greater required.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret or higher security clearance.
• 4 + years related network design experience of mission-critical military/intelligence networks. Associated experience with Switching, Routing, Network Test/Troubleshooting, Network Security, Network Analysis.
• Ability to prepare briefings and technical reports. Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication.
• Multiple engagements/experience with Systems Engineering discipline, process, and protocols. Ability to conceptualize, architect, design and specify complex Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence (C5I) Systems
• Ability to decompose, define and document system performance requirements and associated key measurements of effectiveness.
• This position requires an advanced understanding of networking protocols, appropriate for mission-critical, near-real-time, military/intelligence networks. These include, but are not limited to:
o Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
o Simple-Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
o Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
o Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) routing protocols.
o Transmission Layer Security (TLS)
o Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
• A thorough understanding of all phases of network design is required.
• Cisco certification at the Associate level or above (e.g., CCNA)
• Experience with leading large/complex network projects and a successful history of task accomplishment
• Expertise with Network Architecture, Modelling, and Simulation tools.
• Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Windows™ interface, Microsoft Office™ package (Outlook®, Excel®, Word®, PowerPoint®, Project®, Access®, Visio®).
• Working knowledge of project management systems
• Familiarity and working knowledge of cost-based accounting systems.
• Windows and Linux administration expertise
• A masters' degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and/or Electrical Engineering is desired or equivalent experience; advanced degrees (MS, PhD) desired. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and/or Electrical Engineering degrees preferred.