View more Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Network Project Lead
Security Clearance required: Secret Clearance with the ability to process for a Top Secret
US Citizenship Required
Location: Washington, DC
Position Summary: Network Project Lead is principally responsible for management of both short term and long-term strategic projects that are highly intricate in nature as well as providing day to day operational support. Accountable for performing requirement gathering, analysis, planning, design, implementation, documentation, assessment, and management of the Network Infrastructure. Also, responsible for providing project planning and management for established initiatives. Approve project costs, confirm the correct equipment has been ordered, confirm project hours and ensure that projects are completed to specification, within an established time frame and budget.
- Responsible for management of a team of Network Engineers to ensure the day-to-day operation, reliability, and integrity of the enterprise network. This includes the installation, maintenance, and management of all network equipment.
- Answerable for planning and implementing of enterprise projects.
- Analyze, plan and develop requirements and standards in reference to scheduled projects
- Assign and oversee the daily tasks of technical personnel while ensuring all team members are actively working toward established milestones
- Hold regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects
- Determine and define clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for team members required for specific projects or initiatives
- Accountable for mentoring and training of lower level network engineers and technicians.
- Troubleshoot communication issues, create functional and technical design documentation and establish standards to correspond to engineering specifications and industry best practices.
- Partners with vendors, clients, carriers and technical staff on implementation, optimization, security and ongoing management. This includes but is not limited to troubleshooting infrastructure and services counting.
- Safeguarding overall technical capabilities, stability and performance.
- Offer direction, recommendations, design and implementation for Network enhancements.
- Produce and maintain all necessary technical documentation. Guarantee all work activity is accurately documented in our tracking systems.
- Observe the design, programming and application standards as setup by the company. Including compliance with all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Safeguard performance, capacity, availability, and quality of the network environment monitoring for emerging incidents and initiate preventative action.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Certifications:
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(2)(C)
- Proven management experience managing a team of engineers
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies and methods
- Experience mentoring, coaching and developing team members
- Must have direct experience with LAN, WAN, Voice, and Security technologies.
- 5 or more years’ experience directly working with customer and client technical teams
- CCNA is required, CCNP certification is strongly preferred.
- 5 or more years of implementing Network solutions
- LAN and WAN network design and configuration
- Implementation, migration planning, and solution testing
- Experience managing, supporting and deploying network infrastructures
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and supervising department teams
- Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality
- Good oral and written communication skills, and ability to address conflict with others constructively
- Experience with Disaster Recovery plans and related technologies
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Solid background in network administration and architecture
- Experience writing network security policies, standards, and procedures as well as utilizing network analysis tools to determine root cause of voice problems
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to sit for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday. Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain. Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings. Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
View More Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.