12 Month contract with one of the world's largest producers of electronic devices located in Redmond, WA. We are looking to interview and hire immediately.
We are in search of a LTE/5G Air interface and Call Processing Test Engineer to join our Wireless network team. You will be a key contributor as a product validation engineer in a multi-functional team of R&D, Systems engineering, and product validation to introduce products to Wireless Carrier.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for development of product validation, feature validation, systems and performance analysis, customer review sessions for LTE RAN products focusing on Air interface, E2E performance, and Call Processing.
- Analyzing the product and feature requirements, converting them into system test cases and execution to ensure product meets customer spec.
- Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of new product & SW releases
- Perform detailed analysis of 4G Wireless Protocols
- Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting the issues
- Educate our customers on new products and services both individually and in a team environment.
- Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to plan.
- Works closely with various support organizations, logistics, and cross- functional teams from SEA and HQ to achieve successful new product roll-outs and developments.
- Leveraging your ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization as well as HQ partners on initiatives
- Excellence Dealing with Ambiguity
- Bringing your experience in problem solving and ability to navigate complex organizations with pivotal shifts
- Good understanding on LTE concepts such as DL/UL scheduling, LTE power control, Beamforming fundamentals, MIMO.
- Experience with ongoing 3GPP Rel activities is beneficial
- Experience with system testing activities such as feature validation, test description documentation, parameter optimization, performance analysis, test strategy creation, problem troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge in 4G air interface and call processing technologies and network architecture specifically focused on Radio Access Network
- Good understanding of overall Wireless systems with emphasis on PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC and PDCP layers
- Understanding of IOT technologies including eMTC, NB-IOT.
- Experience in EMS systems, managing network elements, software upgrades, MOP verification
- Experience with SW development is beneficial
- Understanding of 3GPP systems: Core and RAN networks
- Understanding of HW as well as SW architecture
- Experience with test tools including protocol analyzers, XCAL/QXDM, Wireshark, Channel Emulator, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, etc.
- Undergraduate Degree in engineering with 10-12 years of directly related experience; A Masters with 10+ years experience is preferred; Bachelors Degree in EE/CS.
Ability to travel sporadically during the project
Necessary Skills and attributes:
- The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple projects, sales and simultaneous performance objectives. Work independently in determining ones personal work schedule to be productive. Work in a team environment, in order to achieve personal and team project milestones and to complete assignments within established time frames.
- Accept tasks and problems/situations that differ, requiring creativity to search for optimal solutions, when only broad and general guidelines exist for solving problems.
- Proven ability to interact at multiple levels within customers organizations.
- Negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer directors, managers and staff with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations.
- Ability to achieve results within established time frames and requirements.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity.
- Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges and project management deadlines.
- May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position.
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest and ethical responsibilities.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.