View more Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Network Routing Design Engineer Senior
Security Clearance required: Must hold Active Secret Clearance
US Citizenship Required
Location: Quantico, VA
Position Summary: Under broad direction, the Network Routing Design Engineer will perform general Local Area Network (LAN)/Body Area Network (BAN)/Wide Area Network (WAN) administration and provides technical expertise in the performance, design, configuration, and testing of complex large-scale computer networks.
- Assist the Government Lead in the daily engineering duties on systems.
- Schedule conversions and cutovers.
- Evaluate and design communication hardware and software, troubleshoots LAN/BAN/WAN and other network related problems, provides technical expertise for performance, design and configuration of networks.
- Execute LAN/BAN and Data Center Switching network design, integration, and implementation.
- Design and integrate multivendor solutions utilizing Cisco, Juniper, Brocade and other vendor technologies.
- Develop, update, track, and perform Internet Protocol (IP) scheme and address management.
- Assist with the development and integration of identity and access management requirements.
- Support engineering and design of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services; enabling telephone system to interface between data services and the network with unlimited local connection.
- Enforce Department of Defense (DoD) Unified Capabilities Requirements and monitor security updates in accordance with Government procedures.
- Design, Develop and Integrate network switching utilizing LAN, BAN, Trunking, Port Channels and Virtual Local Area Network (VLANs) and network security utilizing VLANs, Access Control Lists (ACLs), and Layer 2 Virtual Private Network (L2 VPNs). Operate standard Active Directory (AD) services (plus the availability to use Windows Light Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) services) for network devices and appliances.
- Monitor and optimize replication speed of directory services.
- Oversee Rights Management Services for administrators, users and groups. Working knowledge of Domain Name Server (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Portal (DHCP).
- Design, Develop and Integrate application networking ports and protocols, Information Assurance (IA), routing and LAN.
- Perform Integration with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) certificates and network accounts to support two-factor authentication for all Active Directory (AD) domain account categories and eliminate the need for password-based authentication.
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(2)(C)
- Ten or more (10+) years of experience in telecommunications and/or data communications.
- Must possess ITIL v3 certification.
- Must hold a DoD 8570.10 IAT Level II Certification (Security+ CE, SSCP, CySA+, CCNA Security, GSEC, GICSP)
- Must obtain a DoD 8570.10 IAT Level III Certification with in the first 6 months of hire(CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH).
- Must possess professional-level certifications in one or more technology related vendor solutions such as: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing and Switching, CCNP Data Center, Juniper Networks Certified Internet Professional (JNCIP), or equivalent Certification, or resume as accepted by Government demonstrating sufficient experience in lieu of certification
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to sit for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday. Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain. Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings. Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
View More Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email email@example.com.