• 'Government Network Security and Operations Center (GNOSC)
Floor Operations Lead Engineer - Security
• Your primary responsibility is to ensure GNOSC (Government Network Operations and Security Center) customers receive professional service and prompt response to their needs.
• You will support the 24x7 Floor Operations / Service Desk function for our managed security service customers – this means initiating and working Incident Management tickets, responding to trouble calls/emails from customers, and ensuring proper work flows/assigning trouble tickets to Specialists and other employees. As Lead, you provide first level security incident handling (60%) - also act as points of escalation for Managed Security Services Specialists (10-20%). Assess changes – Security Analysis and Incident response 50/50
• Security incident handling involves investigating issues to determine if there is a real security incident or a false positive, notifying customers as needed, and sending customers standardized emails specifying the steps they need to take to fix the problems.
• You are often the first to see an issue, or the issue may have been escalated from another team/management.
• Device and health monitoring involves troubleshooting network connectivity problems concerning managed security devices, often time working with Advanced Support Team engineers and/or vendors/partner technology teams on device replacement/reconfiguration.
• Focus on SLA attainment for your shift by ensuring ticket buckets have been ''scrubbed'' and that issues are followed through until completion or escalation.
• Prepare Shift turnover and Shift Report to ensure continuous smooth continuous workflows between shifts.
• Support USARC Customer Audits