Network Security Engineer Summary:
Signature Consultants is looking for a Network Security Engineer to work on a contract position with one of our clients located in Hollywood, Fl. The incumbent in this position is responsible for serving as an architect and lead support engineer for the enterprise security network infrastructure. This individual will be part of the Network infrastructure team and will work closely with other infrastructure teams and Information Security to design and maintain the organization's network and network security infrastructure. As such, the Network Security Engineer must possess a strong network and network security background. This individual takes a vested role in managing new network security projects and existing network security infrastructure. This position reports to the Network Manager.
- Design, implement, configure, and maintain network and network security platforms and their associated software, such as firewalls, network IDS/IPS, VPN gateways, load balancers/reverse proxies, 802.1X/RADIUS network access control servers, wireless LAN controllers (WLCs), routers, and switches.
- Design, implement, configure, and maintain both North/South and East/West network segmentation for a variety of unique business use cases, regulatory compliance requirements, and security best practices via firewall rulesets, router ACLs, and network switch VLAN configurations.
- Design, implement, configure, and maintain web filtering.
- Work with Systems and Information Security teams to design, implement, and secure internal and public-facing load-balanced applications.
- Design, implement, configure, and maintain both client remote access and site-to-site VPNs.
- Design, implement, configure, and maintain 802.1X wired and wireless network access via WLCs, network switches, and 802.1X/RADIUS network access control servers.
- Ensure network security best practices are implemented on all routers, switches, firewalls, and other network systems..
- Work closely with other teams such as Public Safety, Public Works, Systems, and Information Security to develop and maintain network security based on organizational structure and HIPAA, CJIS, PCI, and E.U.-U.S. Privacy Shield regulatory compliance requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert knowledge of networking technologies, including enterprise route/switch and wireless.
- Expert knowledge of network security technologies, including Palo Alto Networks 3000/5000 series and Cisco ASA 5500/X series firewalls, Panorama Palo Alto Networks firewall management, network IDS/IPS, Citrix Netscaler SDX load balancers/reverse proxies, and Cisco 802.1X network accesses control via Cisco ISE version 2.x RADIUS authentication server. Experience with multi-factor authentication (MFA) integration via RADIUS is a plus.
- Experience with Cisco 4300/4400 series and ASR routers, Cisco 3850/Catalyst 9000 series switches, Cisco Nexus 7000/9000 series switches, Cisco WLCs, and experience with Cisco ACI are highly desirable.
- Experience with Cisco ASA IPsec and SSL/TLS VPN configuration.
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks and controls, such as ISO/IEC 27001, ITIL, COBIT, and NIST CSF and 800-53 is a plus.
- Knowledge of HIPAA, CJIS, and PCI is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations.
- Must be a critical thinker, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Exhibit excellent analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals.
- High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- High degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to serve the community and fellow employees with honesty and integrity
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public and co-workers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Security, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Possession of one or more active network security or information security certifications, such as CCNP Security, PCNSE, CCP-N, CISSP, and Security+. CCNP Security and PCNSE are preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of Palo Alto Networks firewall experience.
- Minimum of five (3) years of Cisco networking (route/switch/wireless) experience.
- Possession of a valid Florida Driver's License.
- Ability to travel to all locations and work a flexible work schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stoop, kneel, talk and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Driving a company vehicle may be required.
Works in a clean, air-conditioned office area, with little noise.
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 15th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 27 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.