Network Security Engineer Summary:
Signature Consultants is seeking a Network Security Engineer for an opportunity in Chicago, IL. The Network Security Engineer is responsible for IT cyber security for either enterprise or connected products domains. He or she will be responsible for security intel, industry best practices, prevention, and incident detection, triage, and response. The Engineer will design security use cases based on business requirements and log availability and lead security tool administration and configuration, as well as work closely with enterprise and connected products IT and Engineering teams to achieve security objectives and goals.
- Daily research of new threats, attacks, and risks to client infrastructure and software
- Identify, collect and organize credible, new intelligence and subject matter relative to current and emerging threats using all the tools, applications and open source information
- Design, lead, and project manage the development and configuration of security tools and automation based on use cases
- Act as the primary triage analyst who works with SIOC (Security intelligence and Ops Center) to detect, analyze, escalate, and remediate security events and incidents
- Participate in or leads the creation/update of detailed operational processes and procedures related to Security Incident Management
- Train IT and Engineering staff on information security best practices, processes, tools, and procedures
- Communicate and promote awareness of applicable regulatory standards, upstream risks and industry best practices across the enterprise
- Address questions from internal and external audits and examinations. This includes providing requested compliance reporting
- Utilize and various security, project and service management tools including SIEM, IDS/IPS, Malware, Vulnerability management, MSFT Project, Office suite, ServiceNow
- Day to Day- operations, projects, revamping firewalls, SIEM, SOC
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related area
- Demonstrated progression toward security certifications
- 3 - 5 years of related and progressive IT and Security experience
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time
- Network Security
- Firewalls- Palo Alto, Cisco
- Active Directory
- Nice to have certs: CSSP, CISP, etc.
- Years of experience - 3-5+
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is named the 15th Largest IT Staffing Firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 27 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.