Location: Town and Country, MO
Can't work c2c
This position is in Adaptive Network – Architecture team that focuses on consulting clients, developing architecture, implementing first time builds and training support teams to be successful for the entire client lifecycle.
The Architect will be responsible for providing consultative technical expertise which includes the preparation and presentation of detailed designs and configuration blueprints for complex solutions in the areas of routing, switching, wireless and security. The architect would be expected to be hands-on and would be eventual escalation point in case of complex issues/outages.
- Responsible for network and security architecture
- Ensures architecture compatibility across multiple areas.
- Leads and provides technical direction as well as hand-on required to resolve complex issues to ensure on-time delivery of solutions that meets project expectations.
- Be on-call for after-hour escalations and incidents
- 8+ years of technical hands-on experience 6+ years of experience with master's degree.
- 2+ years as an architect focused on design and engineering of large-scale solutions
- Service provider experience is a plus
- MS / M Tech / BS / B Tech degree in Computer Science, related technical field preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Cisco ISR/ASR routers
- Juniper MX routers
- In-depth understanding of BGP, OSPF protocols.
- In-depth understanding of MPLS
- Architect level expertise on Viptela SD-WAN platform
- Cisco Catalyst
- Cisco NXOS
- Cisco Meraki Switches
- Juniper QFX
- In-depth understand of all flavors of spanning tree
- Fortigate Firewalls
- Cisco ASA
- Cisco Firepower
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- In-depth understanding of firewall ACLs, groups, NATs
- Good understanding of next-generation firewall features like IDS/IPS, URL filtering, SSL decryption, etc.
- Cisco Wireless LAN controller and related Access Points
- Meraki Wireless
- Aerohive Wireless
- Cradlepoint LTE for OOB Management
- Load Balancers
- F5 Local Traffic Manager
- In-depth understanding of load-balancers like SSL offload, different type of load-balancing techniques
- Python scripting to enable automated execution of manual tasks
- Good understanding of REST API with use of tools like postman
- Remedy for ticketing
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!