Solutions Point is recruiting for a Network/Telecommunications Manager for a client ours located in Shawnee, Ks. Our Client is a large company with over 1000 employees. This will be a contract for hire opportunity. The client does have the position already approved for permanent. Conversion salary range is 120k to 130k with bonus potential as well as excellent benefits. Client is looking to hire ASAP.
This role is responsible for providing strategic and tactical enterprise leadership to the Networking and Telecommunications teams. This role develops and coordinates all network/telecom operations including LAN/WAN, wireless, VOIP, and Call Manager, capability in a highly available environment. This role manages strategic business relationships with managed service providers, technology vendors and suppliers, and internal and external business partners. Collaborates with senior IT management and other key stakeholders to establish goals and deliver network projects. The manager provides formal supervision and coaching for the Network/Telecom teams while helping set vision and direction to inspire and drive continuous improvement of policies, standards and procedures.
• Effectively plans, designs and develops (LANs) and (WANs) across the organization to ensure the stability of all in house data, voice, video and wireless network services.
• Establishes network standards, policies and procedures for network related hardware and software across the organization.
• Develop and implement policies/procedures for daily operational management, including best practices for installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting network issues.
• Ensures the provision of comprehensive, integrated, reliable, secure, high-quality services for in areas such as LAN/WAN, Wireless, Internet access, network security, remote access to IT services, and telecommunications
• Develop and maintain solid understanding of Customer needs and strengthen working relationships with the key stakeholders across the organization.
• Evaluate network/telecom hardware and software requirements and capabilities and make recommendations.
• Assess new technology and business trends in order to deliver cost-effective network/telecom solutions and services in support of strategic and operational business plans.
• Establish budgetary requirements for equipment replacement, support contracts, and other operational expenses.
• Evaluate network technology product vendors/providers by conducting research and cost/benefit analysis on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
• Negotiate agreements with vendors, managed service providers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
• Develop, monitor and enforce service level agreements for all data network and telecommunications service contracts.
• Hires, trains, and supervises the Network, Telecommunication staff; ensures that the staff is empowered to exercise initiative and work creatively, participate productively in inter-departmental project teams, engage in regular professional development activities, and cooperate and communicate well. Build organizational talent by creating a learning environment that ensures employees realize their highest potential.
• Share knowledge and develop staff capabilities to strengthen understanding of network industry and business issues and best practices; Develop and communicate organizational objectives; inspire and motivate team members to achieve results.
• Work in partnership with IT leaders on strategic initiatives related to enterprise computing to continuously improve policies, standards and procedures by anticipating issues, providing advice and sharing knowledge and best practices.
• Sets leadership direction for team in support of 24 x 7 production operations and services.
• Serve as technical mentor for managers and staff, ensuring optimization of skill set enhancement.