Title: Network Test Engineer (DOCSIS)
Duration: 1 Year Contract with HIGH likelihood of permanent conversion
Schedule: Full-Time Hours (M-F, 9AM-5PM)
Location: Denver Tech Center
As a Network Test Engineer, you will get to grow your career with our Fortune Top 100 client in the Telecommunication and Mass Media industry. You will responsible for the testing and validation of Customer Premise Equipment (CPE) and the backend systems affecting CPE. This is a team environment, where you will be joining the CPE DOCSIS Testing Team to complement the Senior Engineers and ramp up on the coveted skillset of DOCSIS 3.1 Testing.
- Main tasks include testing for certification of CPE devices, helping with escalations from the field, as well as creating and maintaining related documentation
- Perform system-wide end-to-end validation and regression testing
- Hands-on testing with networking, routers, and switching
- Document results and review with designated teams or vendors as needed
- Work with vendor and internal teams to resolve issues discovered during testing, develop and document workarounds where possible, and assist operations team with implementation and escalations as needed
- Focus technically on TR-069, Fiber to the Home (FTTH), IPv6, Multicast, and Voice Services
- Technical degree or certification in networking, or with cable specific technologies
- 2+ years of hands-on network engineering experience, preferably with a cable Multiple System Operator (MSO) or Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast paced environment and the ability to quickly learn new technologies
- 1 year of testing/QA experience with networks, servers, routers, and switches
- 1 year of experience working with DOCSIS or TR69 Protocols
- Experience with IP routing, IP multicast, streaming video, wireless, Voice over IP (VoIP), and/or home networking is desired
- Experience with automation, databases, scripting, and system administration is a plus
- Experience in CPE Testing is strongly desired
Why should you apply?
- This is your entry point into an incredibly well-established, senior organization that promotes unlimited knowledge retention and growth into the senior level.
- You will get to work with a team that sits out of a brand-new Advanced Engineering building and work in many spaces, spanning from voice engineering to fiber, so this is a pressure cooker for niche Telco-specific knowledge.
- This DOCSIS team is at the forefront of moving this entire Fortune 100 company into the 5G space.
- You will receive a weekly paycheck, health benefits, paid holidays, and a stipend for the Light Rail.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.