Now Hiring a Field Technician! $70k
Location: Rock Island, IL.
Pay: Up to $70k
Hiring a Network Engineering Field Technician to perform installation, maintenance, and repairs to a wide variety of telecommunications systems, equipment, cabling, and to other related systems and equipment 'off-site' (at customer's locations).
- Responsible for the installation, repair, configuration, test and preventative maintenance of network equipment, telecommunications equipment and/or computers.
- Proficient in Microsoft or UNIX operating systems, and the components of the MS Office Suite. Maintains records on repairs, down time, changes and updates.
Network Knowledge / Skills:
- Good working knowledge of cable connectors and replacement, such as RJ-11,RJ-45, DB-25, V.35, RS-449
- Have an excellent working knowledge of fiber, working knowledge of Multiplexes, Network topology, Frame Relay, Fractional T-1, SONET Network Technology, ATM, Private Line, Voice and Data applications
- Good working knowledge of power testing, AD and DC including 3 Phase AC. Familiar with configuration and operation of the 24VDC & 48 VDC power supplies.
- Experience with network and circuit testing with T1 Testing Specifications, DS3 Testing, Digital Testing (BERT), and Analog VG Testing within Bell Core Standards.
- Working knowledge and usage of various network test equipment: JDSU HST, Ameritech AM5XT, Sage 935, Digital Oscilloscope, Halcyon 704A, Para-scope or other T1/DS3 Test sets.
- AA/AS degree plus 2-4 years of Telecommunications and/or 6-8 Network Engineering experience is required
Computer Knowledge / Skills:
- Perform basic software troubleshooting and diagnostics,
- Serve as the point of contact for unresolved problems from the Help Desk or NOC.
- Install hardware and software including operating system and office applications,
- Responsible for providing computer hardware, software and network technical support to end-users,
- Assists with setup and configuration of system hardware and software.
- Microsoft Office suite.
IF INTERESTED PLEASE CALL VICTORIA AT 563*359*2954!
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.