Operations and Maintenance |O&M| Network Engineering Lead
US Citizenship Required
Required Security Clearance: Active Secret with Top Secret Eligibility
Location: Washington, DC
Position Summary: The O&M Network Engineering Team Lead, leads a team of data O&M (Operations & Maintenance)engineers who support data LAN/WAN services, with a particular focus on small project engineering initiatives (Telecommunications Service Requests TSRs)as well as day-to-day O&M of the network. Engineering support includes planned service interruptions, planned equipment installations, and infrastructure support for data services. The Team Lead will also provide leadership, mentoring, and in-depth day-to-day technical guidance to include day-to-day knowledge of all O&M activities, plans, system upgrades/enhancements, as well as ongoing projects and day-to-day moves, adds, changes (MACs) working closely with the TWD Service Delivery Manager, Project Management Office, and other TWD Team Leads.
- Manages a Team of 8-10 network O&M Engineers and reports to the Service Delivery Manager.
- Coaches and mentors the team in industry best practices in information technology service delivery and the appropriate behaviors associated with building a high performing team.
- Promotes a collaborative team environment that fosters creativity, innovation and high performance.
- Responsible for meeting established Performance Based Metrics, Operational Metrics and customer satisfaction objectives.
- Monitors team performance in near real-time, perform empirical analysis of data and adjust resources to dynamically meet demands.
- Works with Service Delivery Manager to identify training opportunities, policy and procedure development or enhancements, operations monitoring and controls and continuous process improvement, and sets appropriate goals for the staff and monitors progress against the plan.
- Some local commuting within DMV may be needed
- Description of Team O&M Duties
- Takes ownership of major incidents to closure facilitating optimal system availability. Escalates and communicates as appropriate with internal and customer stakeholders and coordinates with other support organizations across the enterprise.
- Monitors daily activities of the production environment, including leading and participating in daily standups, to ensure timely and effective reporting, tracking, follow-up and communications.
- Promptly responds to escalated tickets and/or issues, analyzes reported problems and performs thorough and accurate troubleshooting steps to promptly resolve issues.
- Responsible for identifying, coordinating, and implementing initiatives, projects and activities that create efficiencies and optimize technical processing. Evaluates risks and solutions before action to ensure plans are timely, realistic and positive.
- Leads problem management process providing inputs to root cause analyses and suggests workarounds and/or solutions for recurring issues.
- Develop and maintains relationships with other support organizations including development and implementation teams.
- Accountable for change and configuration management for all voice and data assets.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and/or other network problems, and replace defective components associated with both data and voice infrastructures.
- Conduct Route Cause Analysis (RCA) and After-action Review (AAR) following unplanned outages.
- Supports Move, Add, and Change requests for the data network to include day-to-day requests/orders and Projects.
- Provides network performance statistics and reports and recommends technical enhancements to the network.
- Interfaces with other IRM Support Teams on system/network infrastructure problems and advises management on technical improvements and/or solutions to identified problems and/or gaps.
- Identifies and recommends solutions, products and services to support the enterprise's accomplishments of business goals or technical needs.
- Researches, evaluates and stays current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies.
- Contributes to systems infrastructure plans based on an understanding of the customer's organizational direction, technical context and business needs.
- Contributes to the creation of new policies and procedures for Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(2)(C)
- Strong LAN/WAN/MAN design and migration experience with a focus on WAN services (ISDN, Frame-Relay, Point-to-Point, DMVPN, METRO ETHERNET, VPLS, TLS, and MPLS).
- Bachelors and 7 years or more of related experience, or 10 years of related experience in lieu of degree
- 5 years or more of core routing and switching experience
- 3-5 years of engineering team management experience
- Cisco CCNA certification required - CCNP Certification strongly desired
- Strong LAN/WAN/MAN design and migration experience with a focus on WAN services (Point-to-Point, DMVPN, METRO ETHERNET, VPLS, TLS, and MPLS)
- Strong routing, switching, trouble-shooting, LAN/WAN protocols (Layer 2, RSTP, VLANS, Layer3, TCPIP,VLSM,BGP, OSPF, MacSec, DMVPN, IPSEC, etc.)
- Skills troubleshooting access-lists, IPv4 and IPv6 issues across varying routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP, EIGRP and Static Routing
- Works extensively with Cisco solutions and products
- Familiarity and working knowledge of telecommunication circuit types (e.g., P2P T1/T3, , IP Ethernet)
- Understand and have the ability to implement Cisco router, switch, and ASA products
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral skills. From time to time, candidate may be asked to present project/incident status to customer
- Ability to conduct research on networking products with various vendors to accommodate changing customer requirements
- Ability to work in a team-oriented collaborative environment while being highly motivated to take the lead on projects
- The ideal candidate will have a strong sense of commitment to perform on-call support functions as scheduled, providing timely responses to required system support after normal business hours and on weekends. Additionally, the candidate should have an eye for detail, ability to multi-task, organize priorities, and work in a systematic style following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and guides.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to sit for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday. Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain. Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings. Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email email@example.com.