General Description of Position:
Inspects OSP construction and verifies work is done according to specifications. Verifies contractor invoices and prepares final closeout forms for OSP work orders.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with a design engineer to prepare detailed construction plans and estimates labor and material costs for commercial, MDU & multi-line residential drop facilities.
- Performs inspections of the communications utility construction site.
- Performs acceptance tests for copper, fiber and CATV cables.
- Places material orders through the procurement system for all OSP work orders.
- Coordinates schedules with builders, developers, and joint use utility companies.
- Ensures that work order files are complete and current.
- Provides project management to ensure the project remains within capital budget boundaries.
- Prepares and obtains easements and permits from private owners and applicable agencies.
- Inspects all OSP work orders and maintenance construction to determine quality and standards are met.
- Responsible for preparing as-built staking sheets, correct tabulation of footage units and unit breakdown for work order projects.
- Performs final inspection of work orders and close-out documentation of the project to the Engineering Manager.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure the effective operation of the department.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience as RUS/OSP inspector or 5+ years OSP experience in cable construction and maintenance.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of communications distribution networks on fiber, copper, and HFC platforms.
- Solid knowledge of OSP construction methods and practices as set by RUS, Telecordia, and BICSI.
- Experience in Micro station CAD software desired.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Visio, Excel, and Word.