ACS group has an immediate need for an OSP Engineer III with experience in the Telecom Industry.
This is a 24+ months contract opportunity and located in Tempe, AZ. Our client is a leading Telecom company.
Please review the job description below:
Top Skills: OSP network, GIS, Project Management, Fiber
- Responsible for managing all engineering and construction activities associated with expanding and maintaining the OSP network infrastructure.
- Familiar with engineering and operational requirements of maintenance and fiber relocation efforts.
- Leads large scale projects, driving productivity through use of vendor resources to meet deliverable.
- Engages appropriate internal and external organizations with professional written/verbal communications to accomplish required tasks.
- Coordinates project activities with contractors, developers, municipalities and consultants. Proposes solutions supported by sound engineering and operational productivity to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Recognizes vulnerabilities in network infrastructure and makes intelligent decisions to ensure reliability - within financial constraints.
- Prepares detailed cost analysis, project specifications, spend forecasts, route mapping, requisitions, and business justifications.
- Processes reports, vendor invoices, material receipts, and other administrative duties.
- Receives general instruction, otherwise performs independently with minimal supervision, exercising latitude to achieve daily objectives and approaches to critical/complex assignments.
Key Requirements and Technology Experience:
- This contractor will be aiding my core team in completing system updates to software applications completing OSP inventory.
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Excellent oral, written, and listening skills, capable of interacting with customers and co-workers at most levels including executives
- Detail oriented, well organized, and effective in multi-tasking
- Capable of working independently to achieve deliverable and resolve urgent/complex issues
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of fiber optic engineering principles within OSP job related functional area to include general practices, procedures and industry standards
- Strong Computer Skills (Databases, Processes, and Administrative) - Comprehensive knowledge and skill for more complex applications to include Word, Excel, Visio, ArcGIS/ESRI, 3GIS, Google Earth, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of FTTx network design/implementation and well as GPON architecture preferred.
- Knowledge of the network plant and local practices.
- Experience with working application of engineering systems and databases.
- Working knowledge of right-of-way, property rights, and permit acquisition.
- Inside Plant knowledge is a plus
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
If it creates an interest for you, please email me the latest copy of your resume.
ABOUT ACS GROUP. - ACS Group is a premier provider of IT Consulting, Engineering Consulting, Healthcare, Talent, and Workforce Management Solutions to Fortune 1000 companies globally. Our operating brands have provided targeted services and solutions for more than 50 years. We serve our clients through four operating companies:
#No. 6 Largest IT staffing Firm in the U.S. (2019 SIA)
#Largest Minority-Owned IT Staffing Firm in the U.S. (2018 SIA)
# No. 8 Largest IT Staffing Firm in the U.S. (2018 SIA)
#Inavero's Best of Staffing® Client Diamond Award (2018).
#National Class lV Supplier of the Year Finalist and a Regional Class IV Supplier of the Year by NMSDC
#Inavero's Best of Staffing®Client Diamond Award Winner(2017)