24 Months +
Description: The OSP Engineer III is responsible for fiber network design and construction of projects for fiber network.
The type of outside plant (OSP) projects you will work consist of new fiber routes and modification of existing fiber routes that connect network elements to the core backbone network.
A large volume of fiber projects will be to Wireless macro sites, small cells and customer building locations.
* Review proposals for underground and above ground aerial fiber construction.
* Utilize knowledge of fiber cable sizing, cable counts, cable record management, fiber characteristics, transmission protocols, route diversity, route protection plus front-haul and back-haul concepts.
* Bid fiber projects to vendors, award projects, obtain purchase orders, initiate project designs, manage budgets and secure necessary material.
* Provide engineering guidance to vendors, monitor progress and insure timely completion of projects.
* Approve close out packages and evaluate as-built drawings for quality control. The candidate will develop, evaluate and approve fiber splicing packages.
* Coordinate with a variety of teams and have direct contact with customers, building owners, and permitting agencies.
* Work in a diverse group of team members, both internal and external, to solve complex problems and implement innovative solutions to meet our customer expectations.
* Perform route analysis to determine scope, budget, and schedules for existing and new OSP projects
* Submit weekly project status reports to team members and reporting managers
* Deliver on project installations within the stipulated time
* Develop aerial and underground fiber route maps.
What we're looking for...
* You can run outside plant engineering projects. You enjoy analyzing problems and have the autonomy to select and implement the right solutions. You work independently while being a great team player leading colleagues and coordinating efforts to ensure best outcomes. You work well in a fast-paced environment. You are comfortable working on very demanding projects. As a strong communicator, you need to build relationships with a diverse range of people and explain complex technical issues in a way that everyone can understand.
You'll need to have:
* Associate degree and two or more years of work experience.
* Three or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in Outside Plant Engineering, Construction or Installation.
* Willingness to travel.
* A valid driver's license.
Even better if you have:
* Understands industry standards and local requirements regarding construction and engineering of fiber networks.
* Knowledge of Fiber to the Cell network design.
* Analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to make network design decisions based on Engineering Guidelines and current field conditions.
* Communications skills possessing the ability to effectively interact with both highly technical and non-technical customers alike with the goal to provide an understanding of our service order process and recommended method of delivery.
* Ability to quickly build relationships with a diverse range of people and explain complex technical issues in a way that everyone can understand.
* Knowledge of CAD and other industry standard software applications used to create engineering designs
* Experience with windows-based programs and applications along with corporate database systems.
* Knowledge with Google Earth, 3GIS, and MS Office.