General Description of Position:
Create and maintain accurate records in Bentley mapping according to Hargray standards. A Draft detailed drawings and related maps (telephone, CATV facilities, fiber, and/or land base) used in planning company projects using the Hargray mapping system (Bentley). A Research and obtain necessary information to maintain accurate mapping information.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Posts all new fiber facilities and changes to existing facilities into the Hargray Mapping system and database
- Communicate with GIS team on any necessary land base changes or needs
- Enters drawings and updates for Hargray structures into Mapping system
- Creates special maps when requested to aid in projects and general information for Engineering purposes as well as other departments within Hargray
- Update and send out information to GAUPC and PUPS regarding all new Hargray facilities for locating purposes
- Works closely with Facility Locator Company (USIC) to provide updated disks, questions on facility information, etc
- Coordinates and trains users on the Hargray Mapping system
- Extensive knowledge of MicroStation program
- Extensive knowledge of data compression programs (WINZIP)
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Knowledge of AutoCAD program
- Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure effective operation of the department and the Company
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years telephone or CADD (MicroStation) experience.
- Knowledge of Outside Plant Engineering (understand terminology, staking sheets, etc.).
- PC knowledge helpful (Microsoft Office).
- Knowledge of system operating programs (DOS & Windows).
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees, customers, and supervisors, both orally and in writing.
- Must have an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Basic knowledge of office machines including fax, copies, etc.
- Must possess valid driver’s license with a history of safe driving record.
- CATV, copper, and fiber knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Visio, Excel, and Word.