Title: Onsite Liaison Engineer
Location: Bismarck, ND
Duration: Full Time
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in an accredited Engineering curriculum or equivalent preferred
Experience: 5-8 years designing experience with Heavy Machinery or Compact Equipment
- Onsite liaison engineer is key member of Client’s product development team and for the success of effective offshore delivery team.
- Onsite liaison engineer is key to success of onsite / offshore model and bring cost benefit and acceleration in program delivery.
- Roles & Responsibilities:
- Collaboration with Customer Design team for Design Objectives and Goals. Capture project details and scope per overall program directive.
- He will engage proactively with different design responsibility teams which includes Mechanical, Validation, Electrical, Embedded, Manufacturing and many more to deliver better value from offshore engagement. He will bring value add from offshore capability that can contribute to program success.
- Onsite liaison engineer will attend client design review and strategic product design meetings to contribute in design progress and capture directions & priorities.
- Work in partnership with Design and Manufacturing team for first hand understanding of requirements and for implementation of designs.
- Develop designs for customer product per New Product Development (NPD) and Sustaining and VA/VE requirements. This requires usage of CAD design application for product development as well ability to work in PLM application for data storage and design revision management.
- Review offshore deliverables with Customer design guidelines and specifications. Plan sessions with Offshore Design team to deliver program objectives and review deliverables to meet requirements.
- This requires collaboration from PLM applications like Teamcenter or Windchill or equivalent applications for virtual checks, screen share and deliverables review.