Brooksource is searching for an OpenStack Administrator for our Fortune 500 Telecommunication company in the south Charlotte area. As an OpenStack Administrator, you will be joining a team that is responsible for maintaining a continuously expanding physical and virtualized infrastructure of a cloud environment that spans 9 data center throughout the United States. On a daily basis you will be involved in server staging, maintaining hardware, building VMware, testing/researching, integrations, and deployments.
• Responsible for the day to day operations and maintenance of various systems and ancillary applications that support CMTS/DOCSIS metrics and monitoring tools
• Responsible for weekly deployments of configuration and code files into production environments in partnership with the application development team
• Responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining Charter internal custom applications using log files and system administration skills
• On-call duties as assigned. Consistent with a 24 X 7 Operations environment, periodic cell phone availability will be necessary to respond to escalated issues
• Responsible for managing and tracking hardware repairs in partnership with on-site technicians
• Will partner and support a close working relationship with team members, peers, engineering and development teams to solve issues that arise
• Supporting daily operations under pressure and meeting strict deadlines is a must.
• Excellent technical skills including strong problem-solving abilities.
• Provide timely feedback to leadership on proposed updates and proactively identify potential areas of concern
• OpenStack Admin experience
• Knowledge networking concepts and administration (TCP/IP, routing, switching, VLANs, GRE, Openvswitch, Load balancing)
• Knowledge of Linux and common Linux applications (Kernel tuning, iptables, MySQL, RabbitMQ, HAproxy, Apache)
• Understanding of client-server and virtualization (KVM, VMware)
• Experience supporting large scale, Elastic, Highly Available cloud environment orchestration
• Proficiency with development and scripting (Java, C++, bash, perl, python, git)
• Understanding of network acceleration technologies are a plus
• Knowledge of Software Defined Networking models Yang/Netconf is a plus
• Knowledge of architecture like Tail-F, Nakina, Cyan etc. is a plus
• Knowledge of open source hypervisor technologies (KVM, VMware)
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.