For further information please contact our Talent Specialist:
- Divyesh at 630 847 0275
- Navjot at 630 847 1023
Provide computer hardware and software technical support, end-user training, and technical documentation. The contractor is expected to provide technical support for a heterogeneous computing environment; document all technical support requests and resolutions using the service desk system; and assist in the development of information technology systems' documentation, guides, and manuals.
The contractor will be required to work 40 hrs/week during normal Laboratory business hours.
Responsibilities for System Administrator
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage the lifecycle of endpoints, virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing the impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Lead workstation and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all workstation applications and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
Qualifications for System Administrator
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- 5-7 years of network administration, or system administration experience
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, macOS, or other network-related fields are a plus
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
About us: DivIHN, the 'IT Asset Performance Services' organization, provides Professional Consulting, Custom Projects, and Professional Resource Augmentation services to clients in the Mid-West and beyond. The strategic characteristics of the organization are Standardization, Specialization, and Collaboration.
DivIHN is an equal opportunity employer. DivIHN does not and shall not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.