Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 55 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
Our Information Technology division consists of more than 200 professionals and continues to grow responsibly. The Information Center Department is looking to add an Operations Analyst to their current team. The position ensures overall quality and stability of the Company’s operating environment by monitoring, analyzing and coordinating resolution to server, workstations, system and application performance issues and events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides detection and response to system events and incidents within the network.
- Analyzes system events and incidents; mitigates events; escalates to Operations Analyst II.
- Analyzes potential vulnerability points; escalates to Operations Analyst II.
- Monitors workflows in batch job scheduling system or database integration tool based on customer requirements; escalates Processing issues to Operations Analyst II.
- Deploys new code to external website; triages, troubleshoots, resolves or escalates issues; escalates issues to Operations Analyst II.
- Coordinates issue resolution and communication for system events and incidents outside traditional business hours.
- Identifies system/business process affected by outages; determines impact; updates information in database.
- Provides Service Desk support outside traditional business hours.
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies relating to system event management procedures and services.
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a minimum of three years of IT Operations or related experience.
- Operational knowledge of system, server, applications, monitoring and incident response is required.
- Working knowledge of operating systems (Windows, Linux, VMWare) and server storage concepts (SAN principles, high availability and clustering) is necessary.
- Working knowledge of WANs, LANs, routing protocols, SNMP, Internet Protocol Suites and Cisco networking equipment is preferred.
- Experience with HP Business Service Management software, HP Operations Manager, and HP Sitescope is preferred.
- SAP troubleshooting experience is beneficial.
- Intermediate level desktop computer software experience, including skills in Microsoft Office and email is necessary.
- Knowledge of Change Management and Incident Management terms, procedures, and objectives is preferred; ITIL preferred.
- Problem management skills, with the ability to perform root cause analysis to proactively identify problems but prevent future incidents are needed.
- Knowledge of Hybris and AWS preferred.
- Ability to build business relationships across departments and all levels of the organization is essential.
- The ability to work both independently and within a team is necessary.
- Attention to detail with the ability to learn and adapt quickly is vital.
- Ability to respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is necessary.
- This position requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- In addition, organizational and problem solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
This position requires an associate’s degree or equivalent experience. The ability to complete Operations Analyst I certification within 6 months is necessary. Software/hardware certifications are a plus.
This is a full-time position. The starting wage is dependent upon experience. Remarkable benefits available after 90 days of employment.
Normal work days are Sunday through Saturday. Occasional overtime may be necessary. Normal work hours are 24 hours a day/7 days a week. Employee schedules are subject to change. Occasional overtime (more than 40 hours per week) may be necessary.
Preference will be given to local candidates. No staffing agencies.