Job Description: Operations Engineer II
Location: Littleton, CO
Position Type: 12+ Month Contract
My client is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, my client strives to be the worlds’ best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its’ customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
My telecommunications client is looking for talented individuals with proven experience with software development, data science, and building Robotic Process Automation (RPA) solutions. This position will support the Centralized Services organization within the Network Control Center team and is an opportunity to work in a DevOps environment for one of the largest IP, transport and voice networks in the world. In this role, you will assist with the creation and support of tools, scripts, and bots to facilitate automation and efficiency. Ideal candidate has knowledge and experience with data analysis, RPA, and software development experience in addition to general knowledge of networking concepts.
- Work closely with the Centralized Services and Network Control Center organization individually or in collaborative teams to design, develop, and deliver tools, scripts, and other automation solutions for clients throughout my client’s organization.
- Identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions for clients throughout my client’s organization.
- Communicate results and statistical concepts to key stakeholders in the form of presentations, visualizations, dashboards, etc.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Lead the implementation of any/all POC's required to prove out selected technical solutions.
- Develop a roadmap of future projects to achieve the future state strategy.
- Work in a Network Operations environment amongst network technicians with a goal of optimizing troubleshooting procedures and expanding technician capabilities via automation and tools.
- Communicate with all stakeholders throughout a project to gain clarification of requirements, provide project status, identify gaps, identify issues, discuss schedules
- Influence the work of others in order to drive medium & large projects to successful completion through effective project management, customer interaction, and IT coordination
- Effectively estimate the time it will take for themselves and others to perform tasks and are able to influence the team's work to be completed within those timeframes
- Provide support and enhancements for existing applications and procedures
- Effectively categorize support problems and respond with the appropriate level of urgency.
- Provide on-call support of bots, tools, and systems as requested.
- Write documentation and provide knowledge transfers to users and support teams.
- Proven technical experience in orchestration tools such as Itential, Ansible, etc.
and/or robotic process automation (RPA) tools such as UiPath, Automation Anywhere,
- Proven technical experience solving complex business problems using statistical models, data mining techniques, and dataset manipulation.
- Experience working closely with network engineers and software developers.
- Experience with Agile methodology of project management.
- Experience working in Linux and Windows environments.
- Hands-on development experience with programming/scripting languages such as Java/C++, Python, Perl, etc.
- Experience with databases, including MySQL and Oracle.
- Experience with data search engine and visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau, and Splunk
- Continuous improvement mindset and the ability to analyze business processes to identify process improvements and optimization.
- Ability to assess the current state, identify opportunities for improvement and innovation, and Client out a roadmap for the future state that leverages automation technologies.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical matters in business terms.
- Ability to act swiftly under pressure, prioritize, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
US-Colorado-Littleton; US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Georgia-Norcross
The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!