EVRAZ North America is one of the most diversified steel manufactures in North America; headquartered in Chicago, Illinois with manufacturing facilities in the United States (Portland, Or.; Pueblo, Co.; Claymont, Del.) and Canada (Regina, Saskatchewan; Calgary, Camrose; Red Deer, Alberta; and Surrey, British Columbia). EVRAZ North America is a wholly owned subsidiary of EVRAZ Group S.A., one of the largest vertically integrated steel and mining businesses in the world. Our diverse range of manufacturing capabilities allows us to produce a wide array of specialty steel products: plate, coiled plate, welded and seamless pipe for oil and gas applications, structural tubing, rail and wire rod / bar. We take a dynamic approach to manufacturing, using the production flexibility of our facilities to respond quickly to changes in the market for maximum efficiency and cost savings.
We are looking for an Operations Manager to join our steel manufacturing facility in our Portland Pipe Mill. As the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for driving growth within a manufacturing organization while leading a diverse workforce across the functions of our steel manufacturing facility, overseeing all aspects of the manufacturing facility in the Portland Pipe Mill and will have day-to-day responsibility of managing the industrial performance and to meet objectives that conform to the existing plan and budgetary expectations.
* Demonstrating operational excellence in safety, quality, delivery, cost and organizational development
* Proactively working to reduce HS&E risks, and promoting safe behaviors in the workplace while not impacting the environment
* Managing objectives for operation budgets, capital plans and cost savings targets
* Defining and implementing new directives for growth in production and quality improvements
* Creating and maintaining manufacturing budgets and make sure that the operations remain profitable
* Keeping current on information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and ensure compliance
* Building and managing a team of technical professionals, driving employee engagement, positive culture and execute strategic workforce planning initiatives
* Developing a cross-functional team and a change management program to manage complex nature of business, projects and initiatives
*Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business Management or similar field
* 10+ years' experience in an operations role in steel or heavy manufacturing
* Experienced Leader with a proven background in change management
* Ability to drive growth within an organization while leading a diverse workforce across the functions of our steel manufacturing facility
* Strong communicator