Contract: 5+ Months
Position responsibilities include receiving and documenting incoming telephone calls, faxes or emails from investigative sites or other sources reporting Lifecycle Safety Data.
Responsibilities also include:
- Quality control
- Call backs
- Medical Information Case processor responsibilities include receiving and documenting incoming calls, chats, faxes and emails from external customers such as patients and/or healthcare providers) and responding to their enquiries about products.Summarizing these reports based on information identified as vital to the project
- Disseminate clear, accurate information to healthcare professionals and patients based on the approved call scripts and/or other approved resources related to the use of client products
- Creating Adverse Event and Product Quality Complaint reports requiring concise data entry covering everything from patient symptoms, admission and results this will include medical terminology, writing narratives, generating case queries.
- Clarify, investigate and capture adverse event and product quality information
- GL 120/130- Degree in a scientific or healthcare discipline (such as nurse or PharmD or other healthcare disciplines) ideally with 1-2 years' similar experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in Lifecycle safety (Pharmacovigilance, Medical Information, Aggregate Reporting, Risk Management etc.) is a distinct asset.