LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
This position is responsible for the monitoring and safe operation of plant equipment used in the Equistar manufacturing chemical processes. The incumbent evaluates the unit's operating status and performs troubleshooting of processes and equipment in-order to maximize unit reliability and quality production. The incumbent also monitors maintenance activities. This position receives direction from a production supervisor and support from the process specialist, maintenance and technical personnel.
Operators perform tasks outside in Loading Rack area, on top of Rail Cars and Trucks and Tank Farms.
Monday through Friday - 7:00am EST to 3:30pm ESTRoles & Responsibilities
Accountable for personal safety, the safety of co-workers and promoting a safe work environment; responsible for carrying out all work activities in compliance with federal and state environmental regulations.
Promote an environment in which everyone is treated with respect.
Perform duties in adherence with Equistar procedures, standards, and specifications.
Learn and retain process knowledge of the unit and process changes to the unit to enable effective operation and detection of unusual process conditions; uses knowledge to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
Provide accurate and timely communication to co-workers.
Exhibit personal leadership in daily activities, task planning, incident investigations, and work performance as they relate to Equistar's key focus areas which include the following: safety, the environment, quality,
reliability, and cost of operation.
- Take ownership of the unit to ensure production rates and right-first-time results are maximized and to ensure the unit is maintained in proper operating condition.
- Record data readings, utilize plant data/control systems, and observe process conditions on a continual basis to maintain good control of the unit.
- Responsible for placing systems in a safe condition for maintenance work, supporting maintenance activities and communicating status to the shift supervisor and co-workers.
- Enter SAP work notifications on equipment in need of maintenance.
- Provide ideas, raise concerns, and work with other functions including plant management, engineering, and maintenance to improve individual and unit performance.
- Participate on committees dealing with investigations, policy and procedure development, and improving the work place environment.
- Participate in the training and skill development of other operations technicians.
- Engage in frequent developmental dialog with supervisor and others to continually enhance personal and group performance and development.
- Must have high school diploma or GED equivalency.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Must process basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook and Internet)
- Must be willing and able to work occasional plant call-outs.
- Must be willing to work with hazardous and/or flammable chemicals (with proper safety precautions, training, and equipment).
- Must be willing to work around and/or manually interact with heavy equipment.
- Must be willing and able to work outside, year-round under various weather conditions.
- Must be willing and able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be willing and able to work in environments that require frequent bending, reaching, and lifting.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be willing and able to work in tight or confined spaces.
- Must be willing and able to work at heights above 25 feet by climbing stairs and vertical ladders and working from an elevated platform.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a diverse set of cross functional groups.
- Follows DOT procedures to insure safe loading of the tanks.
- Wears required PPE, FRG, Gloves, Steel toe shoes
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Newark
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City