LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
The primary role of the Polymer R&D Technician will be to operate polymer processing equipment in teh R&D Applications laboratory and perfom some related testing. This work will be performed in support of the product development, technical service and plant service needs of the polypropylene and polyethylene business units.Roles & Responsibilities
- Accountable for personal safety, the safety of co-workers and promoting a safe work environment; responsible for carying out all work activities in compliance with company, federal and state regulations.
- Operate polymer processing equipment in accordance with LyondellBasell Standard Operating Procedures and Site/Corporate Safety policies. Main processing types include blow molding, injection molding and extrusion compounding. Rotomolding, pipe extrusion, wire extrusion and blown film extrusion are also practiced at the site.
- Perform process set up for molding machines to improve machine efficiency and reduce scrap in an accurate and timely manner.
- Perform routine maintenance, safety and accuracy checks on assigned equipment.
- Perform the trail runs on all new molds, tooling, resins and color concentrates.
- Work effectivley with others in a team environment to ensure competent execution of assigned testing and processing tasks.
- Interface effectively with business clients to communicate project status updatees and resolve issues.
- Promote an environment in whihc everyone is treated with respect.
- Identify and implement quality, safety and reliability driven improvements. This may include participation in site teams.
- Participate on committees dealing with investigations, policy and procedure development, and improving the work place environment.
- Candidate will also be required to mentor other technicians when necessary.
- Engage in frequent development dialog with supervisor and others to continually enhance personal and group performance and development.
- Exhibit strong innate commitment to not only their safety but to that of their coworkers.
- Participating in regular dialogues regarding safe work practices including stopping work to resolve issues if need be.
- Understand that completing work safely is our number one goal
- High School Diploma with a minimum of 7 years of relevant mechanical or testing experience
- Strongly prefer 7 + years experience polymer processing or testing
- Strong computer skills a must, ideally in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to effectively manage multiple and/or changing priorities with minimal supervision
- Stong technical orienation
- Excellent mechanical skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Highly motivated individual, adept at working independently to compete assigned tasks punctually, effectivley and safely
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time up to 6-10 hours per day
- Ability to climb 51 steps at a atime for occassionally to frequently
- Ability to climb a 15 foot ladder up to 8 times a day
- Abilty to lift up to 60 pounds from waist to shoulder occassionally and to carry or lift up to 25 pounds frequently
- Ability to exert up to 70 pounds of push or pull force and 40 pounds of grip force
- Good eye hand coordination and range of motion
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati