Database Analyst Summary:
Signature Consultants has an opportunity for a Database Analyst. This role generally works in the infrastructure side of the IT organization. The Database Analyst candidate will focus on database automation and needs to possess a strong background in coding or scripting in database environments. The analyst should be a self-motivated individual with good communication skills and able to work well in a collaborative environment. The DBA role tends toward supporting production, staging and/or quality assurance databases and the availability, access, and security of the associated data assets stored within. In addition, the DBA will consult with IT management and clients to identify and recommend opportunities for better utilization of technologies that could improve business application systems, business area operations, or infrastructure operations as a result of improved database maintenance, database monitoring, database security, database backup, database recovery, database performance, and/or database integrity techniques for production, staging, or quality assurance databases. This individual will primarily be responsible for scripting/coding for database automation, monitoring & alerting and reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline. In lieu of a degree, 8 years of related business experience.
- Work experience in addition to degree: Minimum of 5-7 years.
- Oracle 12c or 18c
- SQL Server 2014, 2016 or 2017
- Experience with sequential query language or the equivalent in one or more of the database platforms' native programming language(s). E.g., T-SQL, PL/SQL, etc.
- Experience coding in APEX, PERL, Puppet, Python, PowerShell, HTML, Java, Unix Shell scripting
- UNIX and Windows experience
- Good communication skills and inter-personal skills
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills, strong organizational skills, and ability to analyze business problems and opportunities
- Five (5) plus years supporting Oracle 11g, 12c, 18c databases.
- Advanced understanding of Oracle RAC, Data Guard and Golden Gate
- Solid experience using SQL, SQL Plus and PL/SQL
- Solid experience using (3+ of the following) Oracle APEX, PERL, Puppet, Python, PowerShell, HTML, Java, or UNIX shell scripting
- Solid experience using PERL and UNIX shell scripting
- Experience with Oracle 12c or 18c (upgrades and migrations)
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
- Experience in a Large Database environment: 500+ databases
- Demonstrated troubleshooting ability resulting in valid solutions or options for technical issues.
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 15th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 27 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.