TEKsystems has an immediate need for an Oracle Database Administrator in the northwest suburbs of Chicago.
Looking for local candidates to Chicago.
This is a contract to hire role which isn't able to sponsor visas.
We are seeking a skilled and motivated Database Administrator (DBA) to join our team. As an Oracle Database Administrator for Database team, you will be responsible for managing the delivery of a large Oracle environment.
* Create schemas, tables and role based security based on requirements and direction from the team
* Assist with both basic SQL questions and sophisticated SQL tuning strategies
* Test backup and recovery scenarios, as well as formulate disaster recovery procedures
* Use Enterprise Manager and other tools for availability and performance monitoring
* Analyze database resource consumption, for problem avoidance and trend forecasting
* Install, upgrade and patch Oracle databases so that our environments remain current
* Automate database administration tasks using PL/SQL and shell scripts
* Strong working knowledge of security controls required for regulatory compliance. This includes areas of encryption, centralized logging, inactive disablement, un-intrusive logging techniques, STIG change protocol and implementation, secure coding requirements, account management and access control standards.
* Work closely with Security Auditors to remediate regular penetration test findings.
* Work with engineers in support of SSO authentication requirements.
* Set-up new users and reset passwords for existing users.
* 5+ years of experience with Oracle RDBMS, SQL and PLSQL
* 5+ years of experience with Unix/Linux knowledge including Shell scripting
* 3+ years' experience managing multi-terabyte Oracle database environments
* 3+ Data Warehouse experience
* Experience with and willingness to support 24x7 production environments
* ASM and RMAN Experience
* Work experience in Oracle 12c
* Perform Database Upgrade to new Oracle version quarterly. Applying security patches more frequently when needed
* Support of service level agreement
* Experience with Oracle Performance Monitoring & Tuning
* Strong Understanding of Oracle Optimizer, optimizer parameters, parsing mechanism and how optimizer influences in controlling, stabilizing execution plans
* Accomplished in handling Performance Benchmarking and configuration, of in-memory database tuning and other middleware
* Effective interpersonal skills
* Thorough knowledge of Dimensional Data Modeling and traditional ER modeling and leveraging Performance Impacts on data warehouse systems
* Exceptional troubleshooting and analytical problem-solving skills
* Strong communications skills and collaborative work style
* Strong working knowledge of security controls required to meet regulatory requirements.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.