Oracle Database Administrator (DBA)
Imagine a workplace that encourages you to interpret, innovate and inspire. Our employees do just that by helping healthcare payers manage the cost of care, improve competitiveness and inspire positive change. You can be part of an established company with a 40-year legacy that helps our customers thrive by interpreting our client's needs and tailoring innovative healthcare cost management solutions.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging are part of the fabric of our company. We strive to create a workplace that fosters mutual respect and collaboration, where every talented individual can participate and perform their best work. We are MultiPlan and we are where bright people come to shine!
Please note: our offices are currently closed due to the pandemic and our employees are working from home. Once our offices reopen, this position will transition to working in either our Rockville, MD, Bedford, MA, or Irving, TX offices.
As an Oracle DBA, you will be responsible for evaluating existing or proposed systems to ensure structure and access to databases.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
1. Execute database design, creation, and maintenance on a project by project basis.
2. Analyze requirements of the business customer, applications programming, and operations to ensure success of the final product produced.
3. Collaborate with Senior DBA members as needed specific to solutions that require definition of the physical structure and functional capabilities of databases and require data security and data backup/recovery.
4. Execute performance tuning, capacity planning, and back-up/recovery activities on behalf of the department.
5. Coordinate research, planning and implementation of new database installations, upgrades and patches.
6. Control system capacity for existing requirements and plan for future needs.
7. Facilitate root cause analysis on database issues as required.
8. Maintain technical documentation relating to database management.
9. Review/audit overall system security and data integrity to assure alignment with organizational and business partner goals and/or initiatives.
10. Define and develop a database monitoring facility on behalf of the department.
11. Participate in on-call rotation
12. Automation of regular Database Administration tasks.
13. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
14. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
15. Demonstrate Company’s Core Competencies and values held within.
16. Please note due to the exposure of PHI sensitive data – this role is considered to be a High Risk Role.
17. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
As an Oracle DBA, you must be highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong analytical, problem solving, and prioritization skills. You should also be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, both independently and as part of a team. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients
Specific qualifications for the role include:
• Minimum High School Diploma and 3 years’ experience in information technology to include database design and implementation. Experience should also be inclusive of administration of multiple instances of an Oracle 12c database with exposure to Multitenant architecture, RAC, Data Guard, Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) and data modeling experience. Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a closely related discipline is strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of database encryption
• Knowledge of Oracle Rman backup
• Technical knowledge of high availability, standby, backup and recovery, large database management, compression and partitioning.
• Strong Knowledge of database concepts, performance tuning, proactive monitoring, and problem solving and analyzing traces using various tools
• Ability to automate Database Adminstration tasks using Ansible/Shell/Perl/Python.
• Knowledge of operating system scripting and clustering
• Experience in using OEM for monitoring
• Experience with MongoDB and other big data technologies is a plus
• Understanding of DevOps approach is a plus
• Communication (written, verbal and listening), organization, documentation, problem solving, and project management skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment
• Ability to communicate and interact with all levels as well as external customers
• Ability to provide 24/7 production support on rotation basis
- Individual in this position must be able to work in a standard office environment which requires sitting and viewing monitor(s) for extended periods of time, operating standard office equipment such as, but not limited to, a keyboard, copier and telephone
We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage (low copay & deductible)
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- 401(k) + match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid company holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Summer Hours
MultiPlan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable laws and regulations. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Engineering & Aerospace, IT & Technical