Oracle EBS QA Analyst
BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated Senior QA EBS for an opportunity in California.
Job Title: QA EBS Tester
Duration: 6+ months contract
This team is a diverse and dynamic testing environment working alongside developers, DBAs, business analysts, end-users, and QA analysts,
- Be a big-picture kind of person.
- You'll be creating end-to-end test plans, then executing the plan to be sure that it works as expected
- Develop plans that check functionality, performance, reliability, stability, and compatibility with all systems. Then test again to fix any issues before the project goes live, and provide support post-launch
- Write test cases to business and design specifications and log any bugs or defects with proper reproduction scenarios and clear root-cause analysis. Certify application-specific software and perform ambiguity reviews of business requirements and functional specification documents
- Test custom processes within the application, and processes that integrate with 3rd party systems like e-commerce websites, warehouse systems, tax solutions (Sabrix), payment systems, etc.
- Ideally have business domain knowledge, which means all functions-Oracle EBS solutions for Order to Cash, Inventory, BOM, WIP, Procure to pay, and Financial (AR, GL, Payments)-will be tested thoroughly to meet business requirements
- Work with the development team to find and resolve bugs, guide business users through the testing process, and you may be asked to serve as a coordinator for all testing activities on a project.
- Provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and resolving highly complex test problems
- Love details, like logging, tracking, verifying the resolution of software and specification defects, and documenting all phases of the QA process.
- Write and review User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Quality Assurance (QA) test scripts
- Be willing to help plan and direct quality assurance schedules and assignments on projects, and monitor project status in comparison to cost/time projections (as needed).
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or related discipline
- Extensive experience with Oracle E-Business Suite, preferably in Release 12
- 5+ years of proven testing expertise with Oracle EBS Order to Cash (OM, WSH), Supply Chain (INV, BOM, PO, WIP), Financials (AR, AP, GL, Payments)
- Hands-on experience writing SQL queries for data validation. You should be able to query basic backend tables for technical validation
- Experience with relational databases and query tools
- Experience with load testing, process automation, performance testing
- Exposure to testing custom processes for performance and regression testing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to discover bugs or issues in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal communication, presentation, and project management skills
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Oracle R12
- Knowledge of Oracle Application Testing Suite (OATS). You should be able to assist in providing test scenarios to be developed in the automation tool
- Exposure to testing integrations through SOA layer
- Experience with Application Implementation Methodology (AIM).
BCforward began as an IT business solutions and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full service personnel solutions organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 131289 when responding to this ad.