Oracle Lead Database Engineer
BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated Oracle Lead Database Engineer in O' Fallon, MO 63368
We place consultants for end clients all over USA.
Role: Oracle Lead Database Engineer
Duration: O' Fallon, MO 63368
Expected Duration: 12 Months Contract with possible extension or permanent depending on performance of the candidate and client needs.
Client is a global technology company in the payments sector. We power payments and provide products and services for individuals and industries all around the world. Our people, technology, data and brand provide the capabilities that drive our success. We believe in connecting people to priceless possibilities.
As a company, we know that our success is driven by the skills, experience, integrity and mindset of the talent we hire. By building an inclusive, world-class culture, our employees have once-in-a-career opportunities to be a part of teams that have a greater impact on our community and our world. We invite you to join our team to find out how you too can start something priceless.
The Core Service Delivery team is looking for a Sr. Engineer, Database Engineering to drive our customer experience strategy forward, by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
* Forward thinking infrastructure automation and scripting skills.
* Leads in managing customer and partner expectations and communicates proactively.
* Requires little supervision while identifying tasks associated with responsibilities
* Collaborates with other DBAs, participates in internal projects, and leads some initiatives.
* Provide DBA suggestions and input on direction for database domain strategy.
All About You:
* Intermediate knowledge of Oracle replication (Golden Gate/Data Guard)
* Intermediate knowledge of Oracle Exadata administration
* Intermediate knowledge of Oracle internals
* Intermediate knowledge of Oracle physical database tuning
* Intermediate knowledge of SQL tuning background
* Intermediate knowledge of backup/recovery using RMAN
* Intermediate PL/SQL coding background
* Intermediate Understanding of logical and physical data models
* Intermediate implementation knowledge of partitioning
* Working knowledge of Oracle RAC, Cluster Resource software, and Oracle 12C features
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to multitask and prioritize
* Be able to work with team members located in multiple geographies
* Cloud technology - bonus!
* Knowledge of other database technologies, such as PostgreSQL and NoSQL - bonus!
* Education (preferred):
o bachelor's degree in Information systems or equivalent experience.
* Knowledge/Experience (preferred):
o Demonstrates an understanding of Data Architecture's role in supporting business processes.
o Demonstrates ability to participate in cross functional teams for estimating, application designs, and implementation strategies.
o Uses strong writing and verbal communication skills to build awareness and to proactively promote DBA's position in support of sound database structures, data governance and other Corporate strategies.
o Displays excellent collaborative skills with cross-functional teams.
o Provide positive customer service to internal business partners.
Actually, doing the architecture and design, rather than only looking at the architecture and design
Needs to have one or the other. Redis is preferred.
BCforward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solution's organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over the years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
'We must inform you that during the hiring process, we may ask for you to disclose and provide us with various categories of your personal information, including identifiers such as your name and address, professional information, commercial information, education information, and other related information. Please note that we will only use this information to facilitate and complete the recruiting process. This posting is not an offer of employment. The submission of intentionally false or fraudulent information in response to this job posting shall render the applicant ineligible for the position. BCforward is an equal opportunity employer. Any subsequent offer of employment shall be considered employment at will regardless of the anticipated assignment duration.'
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 134613 when responding to this ad.