Client is seeking a Database Level IV consultant that is skilled in both Oracle PL/SQL and SQL Server TSQL. The engagement will require a person with database development knowledge to refactor several Oracle function and procedures to SQL Server. This engagement will backfill and free up other resources to work on other critical client projects.
The consultant will:
- Conduct group discussions with key players.
- Work with the product teams to help determine requirements and understand the design of each product.
- Refactor, build and test the each product.
Work would begin June 3, 2019 and last 15 weeks with possible extension.
Technical Direction of Work
Report to the Product and Application Services Manager of Foundation Services within Business and Information Services.
Task and Time Reporting
The project managers measure work performed by the contractor on a task basis. The tasks typically represent 20 to 80 hours of effort with performance being measured at the completion of each of the assigned tasks. Hours will be recorded on a bi-weekly time sheet; progress against planned tasks will be reported weekly.
Computer Protection Program
The contractor shall adhere to all policies and procedures of the client Computer Protection Program, must not bypass any procedures established to protect data, applications, hardware, or communications at client, must maintain a work environment that will satisfy audit, privacy, and protection requirements, and must report any findings of inadequacies to the technical contact and the BIS Computer Protection Program Representative.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL and SQL Server TSQL, triggers, functions, stored procedures.
- Previous experience with Agile Scrum methodology a plus.
- Considerable skill in defining and aligning team members to the common mission.
- Excellent communication and technical skills.
- Able to work both independently and as a contributing member of a technical team.
- Able to effectively interact with the organization to derive requirements and design solutions.
- Able to disseminate knowledge to current staff.
About us: DivIHN, the 'IT Asset Performance Services' organization, provides Professional Consulting, Custom Projects, and Professional Resource Augmentation services to clients in the Mid-West and beyond. The strategic characteristics of the organization are Standardization, Specialization, and Collaboration.
DivIHN is an equal opportunity employer. DivIHN does not and shall not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.