BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer’s future is at the heart of what we do. We deliver on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens. Building relationships has been a part of our culture since 1848.
Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, seek opportunity and strive for innovation in a changing world.
Out Systems Developer Job Summary
Salary Range: $89,664 - $103,114 - $116,563
An Out Systems Developer works under minimal supervision in a production support and/or project team environment to deliver both custom-developed and package-based software. Uses standard processes to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. Translates business and system requirements into technical requirements and design documents for the proposed solution. Typically works on complex assignments. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the software development lifecycle. The Application Developer 3 also analyzes and corrects complex incidents and defects in a timely and accurate fashion and provides status reports as required. Serves as a subject matter expert. An Application Developer 3 can support a variety of technologies that may include, but are not limited to, the following: Java and related tools, Mainframe and related tools, PeopleSoft and related tools, ECM, Cognos.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Works under minimal supervision in a production support and/or project team environment to deliver both custom-developed and package-based software.
2. Translates business and system requirements into technical requirements and design documents for the proposed solution.
3. Uses standard processes, under minimal supervision, to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications.
4. Prepares estimates, creates designs, performs coding and unit testing for custom-developed applications. May delegate work associated with these activities.
5. Oversees and coordinates tasks for both internal and external resources in providing software solutions.
6. Performs quality assurance functions including unit testing, system testing, integration testing, and overall technical oversight. Works with the Lead Test Analyst on the overall test strategy for the proposed solution.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. A minimum of 5 years’ experience performing application development and/or production support.
2. 4+ years’ experience successfully working on moderate to high complexity assignments/projects.
3. 4+ years’ experience with enterprise development concepts as it related to code management, quality standards, and security requirements.
4. Experience designing and successfully implementing integrated solutions.
5. Actively learns through experimentation when handling new situations/problems and utilizes lessons from past success and failures.
6. Experience collaborating within and across teams in order to successfully deliver solutions.
7. Experience working independently and directing work of others.
8. Strong time management skills including the ability to plan work and set priorities.
9. Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
10. Bachelor’s degree or commensurate work experience.
11. Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
• Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
• Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at westfieldinsurance.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.