HFC and Fiber OSP Design Related Tracking and project management in support of network growth and expansion.
1. Update databases as needed for tracking the acceptance of a job, the issuance of a design to a business partner (field) and if applicable tracking the receipt of the fielding, desktop QC of the fielding, and issuance to another business partner (design). Project Cost, and or task cost estimating based on NDEA Contracted Rates.
2. Updating and reserving wavelengths for fiber designs related to #1
3. QC HFC and Fiber Design in SNET for specifications and SNET quality drafting standards (example, fiber splicing and master circuit validations)
4. QC Business partner invoices related to #1-3 above, and progressing invoicing to manager approval
5. Perform other HFC/Fiber duties not limited to items 1-4 that are HFC/Fiber Design related. Example - compiling and collecting existing fiber documentation and entering or updating it into one consolidated database.
Day to Day:
1) Design and draft new and revise existing, aerial and underground plant facilities in both horizontal and vertical architectures, from Headend to feeder terminations.
2)Read and interpret utility engineering drawings and plans to determine effect on our facilities
3) Interactively place fiber, coax, passive and active electronics as well as perform powering calculations on HFC network for outside plant as well as MDU design.
4)Maintain the Map management system database
5)Maintain fiber splice documentation
6)Support commercial installation
7)Query maps for use in special projects
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.